Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Spent a few days in the Ozarks trying to escape the texas triple digit temps.
During this trip I did some aimless wandering, spent time on the TAT, FNT, and even the OAT on my way back home. All in all I traveled a little over 400 miles explorng in Arkansas.

These pics are on Lee creek.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Now for the unsanitized version. To use our presidents saying, this really was a s**t hole. What made it worse was all the used diapers everywhere. Even along the creek.
This is why places get shut down. I was plannng on camping here until I arrived and was disgusted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
At one point I stoped to take a pic. When I went to get back in I saw this guy. I unknowlingly drove over his head when I stoped. Good thing cause he was right where I put my foot when I got out. Good Lord was looking over me. Lol
image.jpeg
More to come....

Last edited:

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Saw this cool looking rock formation on the TAT.
image.jpeg
This is Grays spring. Gaia has the location wrong on the maps. I notced their topography is wrong in many places too.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Guess this used to be the spring till it dried up.
image.jpeg
These are the famous Mulberry river. Nice cool water for taking a break.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
More to come...

Last edited:

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I need to get back up to the Ozarks. :D

Reactions: Offroadnutz

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Their magical..
very cool pics! the wife and i just started going to arkansas and camped on the mulberry near cass and spent some time on the buffalo near jasper. we bought kayaks specifically for future trips to AR. their state parks are pretty nice, too. i cant wait til our next trip

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

very cool pics! the wife and i just started going to arkansas and camped on the mulberry near cass and spent some time on the buffalo near jasper. we bought kayaks specifically for future trips to AR. their state parks are pretty nice, too. I cant wait til our next trip
There are a ton of cool hidden gems in Arkansas and almost limitless places to explore and camp. Used to live there and have been trying to get back since I left. lol

Reactions: Downs and grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
There are a ton of cool hidden gems in Arkansas and almost limitless places to explore and camp. Used to live there and have been trying to get back since I left. lol
where are some places you like? we love the buffalo river, but most everything seems to be private property or the camp areas there are for tent camping only and we have a little 8' tear drop camper we bring, and that seems to be hard to find a place for. any good spots you know for a small camp trailer?

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Redding campground is good if all you want is Mulberry river access. Haw creek falls is good for easy water access on Big Piney and for exploring the area. White Rock Mountain is a manned campground and could be good for using as a base camp to leave your trailer while you explore the area.(Lots to see in this area). I usually just disperse camp anywhere that looks good.
Got in the habit of, whenever im exploring and see a good campsite large enough for 2 rigs, I mark it on my Gaia. I literally have hundreds of viable campsites on my app.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Redding campground is good if all you want is Mulberry river access. Haw creek falls is good for easy water access on Big Piney and for exploring the area. White Rock Mountain is a manned campground and could be good for using as a base camp to leave your trailer while you explore the area.(Lots to see in this area). I usually just disperse camp anywhere that looks good.
Got in the habit of, whenever im exploring and see a good campsite large enough for 2 rigs, I mark it on my Gaia. I literally have hundreds of viable campsites on my app.
very cool...thanks. the wife is wanting to head up there in a couple of weeks and i just checked out white rock mountain and that looks to be a good place to go.

Bravo_X-Ray

Rank 0

Contributor I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Smith

Is there anyway you could share your Gaia folder?