Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We are planning a trip to the Maze District sometime in March/April. We are not sure of the dates yet, as my wife is having surgery either in late February or early March. As anyone who follows me knows, we usually take our 21 year old vehicle out and travel, camp and hike, solo, as in, just my wife and I. However, when we go to Baja, Alaska, The Hudson Bay, or the Maze, I like to err on the side of caution and travel with at least one more vehicle.

The Park service does not permit more than 3 vehicles at a time, traveling or camping together, period. I have a deep respect for this practice, and am looking for another like minded couple or two, to join us on our trek into the Maze district. I will be responsible for all permits. You shall pay your own admittance fees at the ranger station. We will go in for at least 3 nights, hopefully 4, so it is necessary to be self sustainable for at least 5 days. Which means, depending upon your vehicle at least 10 extra gallons of gas, and a minimum of 2 gallons of water per day per person. Of course, plenty of food.

If you have read this far, then you are aware of what the Maze offers and how remote that it is. My idea would be to meet up the night before in Green River. Leave the hotel in the very early AM, stock up on gas and supplies, and head out. Top off our tanks in Hanksville, then head on in.

If you are interested in such a trip and are of likemindedness, then post up your thoughts. Here is a good place to start with your research. Thanks and have a great day..

https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/maze.htm

Reactions: Kent R

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
We will be out in Southern Utah the first week of April, we’d love to join you guys. Keep me posted, barring something unusual, we’re pretty committed right now. I’ve wanted to explore the Maze for a while now. We’d link Cathedral Valley and Mexican Hat to Moab. This would be the perfect fit between the two. We travel 4 in an 80, kids are age 2 and 6, but we shouldn’t slow you down. Both kids will be walking so we can do some hiking this time haha.

Chris

Reactions: MOAK

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
OK then,, when we know we can go, I'll try to set the reservations up accordingly and post up my efforts here.. Yikes just took a look, the Doll House is filling up fast so we will be at the mercy of the reservation system..

Last edited: