Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
I was wondering: what y'all using your maxtrax for apart from getting out of stucked situation.

For sure, one can use them as a shovel, a table for one’s morning coffee, and in case of an emergency as a tool for self-defence

But would y'all use them as a tool to have a proper horizontal bed? So to level out your vehicle at camp?

Are AT tires meant to stand a whole night on a recovery board? If yes. Do you place them upside down or upside up? I am not sure about the teeth. Will they harm the tire? Or the other way around. Will the weight of the car damage the boards?

Happy to get some ideas and thoughts.

Attachments

Last edited:

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have used mine to move snow away from the tires. It was way too much work so I grabbed my shovel. The reach from the shovel was better for digging the snow away from the diffs. Digging in sand worked better but again, grabbed the shovel. Digging with them works but the amount they pull is a bit much. I can pace a shovel better.
If you don't have a shovel, their better than your hands.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'm pretty sure when I bought mine it said they could be used for leveling in the description. I've not used mine for that yet but won't hesitate to if needed!