MaxTrax Recovery Boards | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

MaxTrax Recovery Boards

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

How many boards do you have?

• Total voters

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Linglestown, PA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
The question I have is how many are most people running with? I see a mix between 2 and 4. I'm assuming if you are roaming solo 4 is probably better than 2, but if you are roaming in groups I assume that 2 is just fine.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Linglestown, PA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
I use two of the copycat version. I figure at 1/10th the price they are almost disposable, even if I destroy them after one use.
Well, I was planning on that but my cousin got his hand on 4 MaxTrax so he plans on giving me two and keeping 2 for himself.

OTH Overland

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate III

Camano Island, Camano, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham Callsign
N7XQP
We went with two boards, we travel alone but also have a winch with plenty of line if the level of stuck gets too bad for the one pair. We did get the genuine version under the buy once cry once rules, hate to have them not work when I really need them. Went with the dark green color so they don't stand out on the rig any more than they have to.

Old Tanker

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
We went with two boards, we travel alone but also have a winch with plenty of line if the level of stuck gets too bad for the one pair. We did get the genuine version under the buy once cry once rules, hate to have them not work when I really need them. Went with the dark green color so they don't stand out on the rig any more than they have to.
We carry four, dark green, on the roof. They blend in and don't attract much attention.

genocache

Rank V

Advocate II

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I have 2 max trax and 2 PAP, mounted 2 on each side. I got lucky and found them both about a month apart on my local Craigslist. $50 for each set!
See my threads on how I mounted them;

DSCF8413.JPG

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Member III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
We carry four, dark green, on the roof. They blend in and don't attract much attention.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Went with the X-Bull copy versions (Orchish-gen 2), along with the dark olive green version so they were less conspicuous to thieves. I bought my 1st pair, but for the price, I bought a second pair on reflection of thinking they were a good value for the peace of mind they offered if and when they might be needed for a self recovery separate from a winch or relying on others for help.OBLogo-Gold_Outlined_100x.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Tanker