Maxtrax Mini (and Extreme)

• HTML tutorial

Kenstaroni

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

Hadn't seen the mini before, that's pretty cool. Probably more practical for alot of folks to just run the mini's. I found mine were used alot more often to level the vehicle for the RTT than actually used on the trail so the mini would serve that purpose just fine.

Reactions: Desert Runner

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

This is a great idea especially for smaller vehicles that don't have that much extra space.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Is anyone selling their Maxtrx? I'd be interested in buying them.
I have a brand-new, never-used pair of orange MaxTrax I'm selling, but we're on opposite ends of the country right now and I won't be out there for quite awhile, most likely. If you or anyone you know will be in or near Maine soon enough to suit you, I'll let them go for $250. Brand new.

You might want to post in Overland Buy Sell Trade - Gear and choose Wanted in the prefix, then describe in the title you're looking for Maxtrax.

Reactions: Bill Guerre

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
A nice concept, but I would like to see some real-world feedback by people who have used them. Even better would be those that could compare full size vs mini.

If they get good reviews for usability, I can see competitors offering a similar product. The nylon/plastic formula has finally manifested itself, and is no longer exclusive to the top tier offering.

The cost for the R&D MOLD DESIGHN is similar between the bottom manufactor and the top. Once that is recovered...it's all profit. Cheap plastic and better plastic/nylon construction is only pennies or a couple of dollars at most.

Reactions: smritte