Park City, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FIQ
My rig does not as yet have a roof rack. Been putting it off. I do however have and need the MaxTracs for use on the trail. Now without a roof rack I am puzzled as to how to bring them along. Having them inside is not much of an option as they get muddy. I have seen some folks mount them around the spare tire or hang them between the spare and a trash bag. I have been in contact with dealers who have mounting brackets for RotoPacs. Nothing for MaxTracs. I have also seen some mounted on rigs in Australia. I guess they drill into the body and mount. Havin a Jeep 4 door there is no room above the fender. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
IMG_0974.jpeg

jono

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Round Rock, TX
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Luce
Member #

Looking at your rig, I think your best options is the BROG MaxTrax bags: MAXTRAX Transport Bag

I have used the "Mean Mother Mount" on my past rig (Silver Jeep below): Mean Mother Recovery Board Holder on Spare Wheel, Mult Bolt Patterns, Fits 13''W It was way cool. However, on my current rig, I use an AEV tire carrier and attached them to the hi-left/pullpal mount. That's the Green jeep pictured.

Also, the "GARB" on the Green Jeep pic, made by Northbound Expeditions allows you to sandwich them as well: G.A.R.B. (Spare Tire Bag) | NB Expeditions Inc.

I think you would happy with either the BROG or MM mounts, both are great options.

Attachments

JohnKeller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Park City, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FIQ
Outstanding solutions. It looks like you had to drill a hole for the Mean Mother to mount. Both are real possibilities. Thanks Jonathan.

jono

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Round Rock, TX
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Luce
Member #

Outstanding solutions. It looks like you had to drill a hole for the Mean Mother to mount. Both are real possibilities. Thanks Jonathan.
Hey John, nope there isn’t any drilling at all. There is a mounting plate that goes between the spare tire and the spare tire mount. On that plate, there is an extension that goes through the center of the wheel and sticks out the front. The recovery boards holder, bolts to the extension. There are bike racks that work in this fashion as well. Anyway, hope you land on something that works well for you!

Reactions: JohnKeller

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Looking at your rig, I think your best options is the BROG MaxTrax bags: MAXTRAX Transport Bag

I have used the "Mean Mother Mount" on my past rig (Silver Jeep below): Mean Mother Recovery Board Holder on Spare Wheel, Mult Bolt Patterns, Fits 13''W It was way cool. However, on my current rig, I use an AEV tire carrier and attached them to the hi-left/pullpal mount. That's the Green jeep pictured.

Also, the "GARB" on the Green Jeep pic, made by Northbound Expeditions allows you to sandwich them as well: G.A.R.B. (Spare Tire Bag) | NB Expeditions Inc.

I think you would happy with either the BROG or MM mounts, both are great options.
I was going to recommend this, too. I don’t have it but seems to solve the muddy problem for inside storage.

Reactions: jono and JohnKeller

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
I just secure mine with "ROK" straps, through the holes in the spare wheel. A cable type lock secures them from honest people.

It's as solid as a rock, they don't budge. Doesn't get any better for the price of 2 straps and a cable lock. :smile:

IMG_0235.JPG

Last edited: