Matrax Mounts and locks?

• HTML tutorial

thejoking__explorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Denver Co
Member #

Im sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't seem to find anything. I will be getting maxtrax soon but I would like to mount them to either my Gobi ladder or Frontrunner roof rack. What mounts are people using and specifically are there any mounts that will allow me to lock them so only I can remove them?

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I made mounts for my trailer but it utilizes the Maxtrax Locking Pins to hold the mounts. The pins have a provision for a TSA style padlock but I don't feel like that will do much so I just run a cable lock with a padlock through the handholds and around the rack. Has worked fine for many miles.

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Im sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't seem to find anything. I will be getting maxtrax soon but I would like to mount them to either my Gobi ladder or Frontrunner roof rack. What mounts are people using and specifically are there any mounts that will allow me to lock them so only I can remove them?
These are the nicest mounts I have found for the maxtrax. I had to wait for a while for someone to come out with them. They are pricey but we'll worth the $.

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

When you go to there site you will have the option to pick what type of mount. Pick Maxtrax. They are made for that purpose perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app
You can also contact them. Their customer service is great. I have their clamps on my Tepui. At that time he didn't have the tepui option, but he got the right one for me that fit it. They're pricey, but functional.

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

You can also contact them. Their customer service is great. I have their clamps on my Tepui. At that time he didn't have the tepui option, but he got the right one for me that fit it. They're pricey, but functional.
Much appreciated! Nice to hear your positive comment about their customer service. Although I would be using their mounts for Maxtraxs, I hope they can help.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Much appreciated! Nice to hear your positive comment about their customer service. Although I would be using their mounts for Maxtraxs, I hope they can help.
Yep, I just re-read your other post. I thought you were also looking at the awning mount. The clamps are the same, it's the bracket that makes the difference.