mase001's 2016 4Runner Trail build

• HTML tutorial

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

How was this install? did you do it yourself?

I am looking at the Toytec Boss system and would prefer to do it myself, but just curious as to how straightforward it was... seems fairly do-able. (Mainly because my budget for suspension is about $2000 and the quotes from local shops for the install have all added about $600-$700 of labor, which I am not super thrilled about paying.) Not to mention, I want to learn nd do it myself... hehe

Love the build!
I didn't do it myself but my friend at a shop I used to work at did it for me. It's straightforward however the rear springs are extremely difficult to install. It is not a one man job on a rack. I guess with a compressor etc it could be done but they hd three guys get them on. The labor is cheap compared to the time it would take me plus the peace of mind that someone who had done hundreds did mine as well. $500-600 is probably right with alignment etc. make sure you buy UCA's you will never align without them and will have significant wear on tires and suspension parts without them.

Mason

Reactions: jrbechthold

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I didn't do it myself but my friend at a shop I used to work at did it for me. It's straightforward however the rear springs are extremely difficult to install. It is not a one man job on a rack. I guess with a compressor etc it could be done but they hd three guys get them on. The labor is cheap compared to the time it would take me plus the peace of mind that someone who had done hundreds did mine as well. $500-600 is probably right with alignment etc. make sure you buy UCA's you will never align without them and will have significant wear on tires and suspension parts without them.

Mason
Thanks for the heads up... I guess I will just have to re-prioritize other parts... but yea - I want to get the suspension right.

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Fwiw I was $1309 for Ultimate Lift with diff drop and bump stops, 525 for the camburg UCA's and then labor and alignment. I was $2250 out the door.

Reactions: Rob2thec

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Installed the ARB Skid Plates today!

Overall I like them for the money and for my intended use. They are definitely not rock crawl approved but that's not my intent so I'm happy with them. I feel they give a good amount of coverage and protection for the money!