Rank I

Member I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Ratliff
Member #

I grew in Reynolds county and the Mark Twain National Forest. There are a ton of beautiful, off the beaten path areas here to explore!

Reactions: Broke

Dagwood_55

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ozarks of Arkansas
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Hicks
Google "Topaz", which is, or used to be a small town/community near Ava, Mo. There is an old mill and store still there. Find it and plan a visit there. I promise you, you want be disappointed. And if the owners nephew is there, you
will be spending a half a day there. Trust me on this one.

The Mark Twain is full of little suprizes.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
anywhere you see a sign for a 'spring' go and check it out. they are mind boggling.....
I look for "springs" on topo maps in GAIA. sometimes you can drive pretty close to them but some of them are way off in the underbrush. Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma seem to have quite a few. Example of the marker below on Gaia Topo maps. This one is in the Ouchita Ntl Forrest on the west side of Broken Bow.

1610142288837.png

runswithscissors

Rank III

Advocate I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
phillip
Last Name
bonds
I look for "springs" on topo maps in GAIA. sometimes you can drive pretty close to them but some of them are way off in the underbrush. Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma seem to have quite a few.

but the ones in MO are Huge! and Deep! i was just blown away. i've made it to about 5 of them. have been wanting to get back up there and see some of the others.

Reactions: Broke and Downs

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I was up near Ouachita last month. I’m curious, are there any accessible hot springs in that area. Seems there should be with that area being so close to Hot Springs, AR.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I was up near Ouachita last month. I’m curious, are there any accessible hot springs in that area. Seems there should be with that area being so close to Hot Springs, AR.
I haven't found any yet.

Lawtonfire233

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Fletcher, OK
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Woodall
Member #

I’m going to be up by Mark Twain National Forest the next few days for work. Anything I should go check out while I’m up there? Trails? Sites? Lookouts?