First Name
Doug
Last Name
White
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,

There are lot's of useful locations on the map, but might it make sense to add the ability to mark locations where one could get compressed air?

Maybe even two types, free and pay for air?

Just an idea, when you need Air, it's pretty important.

Thanks,

DW

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
Maybe...but why not buy an air compressor? Marked locations won't help if you need air on the trail.

Reactions: udbknight

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Good point. I actually have an onboard air compressor, but not everybody does...
The only issue with having air points on the map is that if they are too far from the trail driving to them may be unsafe depending on how low your tire pressure is set. How the vehicle responds at sub 5 mph speeds off road is drastically different than at regular road speeds on near flat tires.

udbknight

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Waterloo Township, MI, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
White
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The only issue with having air points on the map is that if they are too far from the trail driving to them may be unsafe depending on how low your tire pressure is set. How the vehicle responds at sub 5 mph speeds off road is drastically different than at regular road speeds on near flat tires.
You make a great point, I wasn't even thinking of an air down scenario. I was just thinking of overlanding and discovering a slow leak and needing a little air. But I suppose if one had the ability to plug a tire, then one is probably prepared to air the tire back up. I would assume one would not air down without a plan to air back up though.

Dlnuckolls

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Shepherdsville, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nuckolls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4WHV
You make a great point, I wasn't even thinking of an air down scenario. I was just thinking of overlanding and discovering a slow leak and needing a little air. But I suppose if one had the ability to plug a tire, then one is probably prepared to air the tire back up. I would assume one would not air down without a plan to air back up though.
You would actually be surprised at the number of people used to off road parks that don’t plan ahead. Having onboard air and a tire patch/repair kit are essential!

Reactions: 4Wheelexplorer