Enthusiast III

Winnipeg

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

While im not in manitoba anymore, i grew up in pinawa and went to university of winnipeg and brandon university. Planning a trip back soon from the okanagan with my fjc. Never had a real truck in manitoba before but remember the cruising tbe floodway in my buddys 4runner. Hopefully someone can re-aquaint me with the praries when i get back.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

While im not in manitoba anymore, i grew up in pinawa and went to university of winnipeg and brandon university. Planning a trip back soon from the okanagan with my fjc. Never had a real truck in manitoba before but remember the cruising tbe floodway in my buddys 4runner. Hopefully someone can re-aquaint me with the praries when i get back.
The flood way is off limits now.
There are a few trails east of Wpg that can be a bit of a challenge though.

Drop me/us a line when you have a date and we should organize a day for the OB crowd.

Reactions: Rexplorer

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I'm in.
Towards the end of September or towards the end of October both work for me, I think.

Leite.Cruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg
Nice, let's set a rough date between Sept 29 - Oct 1 and we'll adjust as needed from there. Any other Manitobans/visitors in?
I don't have my membership active yet. Should we have someone place a meet up on the members map?

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

The previous weekend works better for me... Sept 22-24 (or end of Oct... we could do both actually! LOL)

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

We could do a bit of wheeling and could even turn it into an Overnighter for any people that want to camp for the night...sit around the campfire and shoot the crap after a few hours of wheeling.

It should be a great time of year with the leaves turning colours, few bugs, etc.

There's a good area east of Wpg.... it has a good bit of challenging areas for stock to slightly modified rigs... even a few options for highly modified rigs but I don't think any of us fall into that category.

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

I'm interested, but have to see what happens. Parents have hinted they may come out from BC near the end of September, then into fall training in Wainwright October-November.

Reactions: Winterpeg

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I'll create a "conversation" so we can hash out the details without further thread-jacking this thread then.

The people that have expressed interest will be included in the conversation and any further people who mention in this thread that they are interested will be added to the conversation as well.
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Manitoba X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oak Point, MB
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Thorne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE4VDT
Former Winnipeger here, spent 15 years in Winnipeg before moving up to Yellowknife. Planning to be moving back that way next summer in or around Winnipeg. Once back I want to become move involved in the Overland community.

Mixednuts59

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

Hi Trev here from Winnipeg. I am new to the overlanding stuff but always loved camping. Time to get back to exploring! Love the 4runners, my personal rig is one. Slowly modifying it to be a bad ass land tank. Can’t wait for this summer to explore the Manitoba Backroads and all the Abandon Historical Places. Check out the Manitoba Historical site for some cool day trips. My instagram is @mixednuts 59, but from looking at this thread I know most of you already. Big thanks to Winterpeg for recommending this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram @Mixednuts59

Reactions: Winterpeg

bushnut

Rank 0

Traveler I

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sp
Hey guys, new to this site but not overlanding. I'd love to start a meet up group. I've seen a few of the rigs posted here around town and have admired them. Why should we talk on line when we live in the same town? BTW I can see that Union Stock Yard tower from my house. I drive a 02 Xterra with a few mods. Used to have a Pathfinder (bugout edition) RIP Eugene. I know of lots of spots in the SandiLands area for camping/ fishing and wheeling. Looking to have an adventure up in the Porcupine Hill later this summer. let me know if anybody is interested. As a side note I teach Wilderness Self-reliance through Borealisbushcraft.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I would be up for a get-together.... scheduling is always a pain for me because my shifts are all over the place though.

Tonight I'm available, lol.