making toast

• HTML tutorial

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

seems like a weird question now that im typing it, but how do you make toast? assuming you dont have a normal toaster. any gadget you have that works awesome? i love a sweet breakfast.

MacsDaddy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Reidsville, NC
Member #

I cook mine on a small grill or in a pan dry... You can also make toast over a camp fire if you have a grate.

sent from two turntables and a microphone. #7752

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

I don't eat much bread but Ive always seen those folding ones in the green box at outfitters. I ran a google search and came up with this, looks pretty slick if toast is a big part of your diet:

Waino

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle
Member #

Thanks for the tip on the Delta Toaster. I've never seen that. We use one of those pop-up wire contraptions on our camp stove and it pretty much sucks.

Reactions: Rexplorer

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Like the above, Coleman, Campchief, both make a toaster that fits over your cook stove. I have even seen people use their inverter to have AC power to make toast and coffee! Benz.

nomad666

Rank 0

Contributor II

I just use tongs to hold the bread and ether over a campfire or stove just turn and put it on a different spot on the bread every so often till its toasted to ones liking has worked for me for the last 50 years..

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
seems like a weird question now that im typing it, but how do you make toast? assuming you dont have a normal toaster. any gadget you have that works awesome? i love a sweet breakfast.
I have a toaster tong that I hold over the fire a watch carefully. It's also good for making grilled cheese and toasted sandwiches or a panini