Launch Member

Contributor I

Sanford, ME, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Swenson
Member #

Dude, I love transporters, and have more than a few stories to tell of adventures in them (tho not on a public forum LMFAO) so we're definitely fam

I lived in So. Berwick for nearly 15 yrs (read: divorce)
Ha! This is getting more interesting, I hear you on the NSFW stories :). The Berwicks, Eliot, and Kittery were ripe back when I was just out of school, lots of places to get into trouble and to hid from trouble :). My better half was from Elliot and we pass right through Sanford when we go down to visit family still in the area.
I was wrong about relatives, I do have an uncle with the same last name that I haven't seen in years who lives in that big housing complex off 236. Small world :)
My stories take place in VA/WV/MD/PA/DC (I'm a transplant from VA by way of CO nearly 20yrs ago)

Willi_Griffon

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wilton Maine
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Willihan
Member #

*Maine Family*
Family of 3 from Western Mountains of Maine jumping into vehicle supported travel and adventure. Taking the region that we know and turning it into our own VRBO! 2017 Tundra SR. Built over a year keeping costs as low as we can and supporting each system with mindful purchases.

Looking forward to traveling and supporting.

Attachments

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
*Maine Family*
Family of 3 from Western Mountains of Maine jumping into vehicle supported travel and adventure. Taking the region that we know and turning it into our own VRBO! 2017 Tundra SR. Built over a year keeping costs as low as we can and supporting each system with mindful purchases.

Enjoy! I’m sure you probably are already familiar with KI-Jo Mary, but it was new to me. I really enjoyed the dispersed sites they have.

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
Didn't realize there was a Maine thread. I'm living in Biddeford, for now. I'm ready to retire and travel. Building up my 2020 Ranger to live out of come the end of tourist season. Looking to get a cargo trailer to convert at some point. Selling the Condo and become a nomad. With this crazy seller's market, time to take advantage. Of course, its pricing the locals into homelessness.

Reactions: Road

Redsquirrel

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maine, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Merrow
Didn't realize there was a Maine thread. I'm living in Biddeford, for now. I'm ready to retire and travel. Building up my 2020 Ranger to live out of come the end of tourist season. Looking to get a cargo trailer to convert at some point. Selling the Condo and become a nomad. With this crazy seller's market, time to take advantage. Of course, its pricing the locals into homelessness.
Sounds like a good plan, unfortunately this hit 7 years before I can retire

Dumbo_GX470

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Mahopac, New York, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

*Maine Family*

Nice setup!

Reactions: Willi_Griffon

Willi_Griffon

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wilton Maine
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Willihan
Member #

*Maine Family*

Enjoy! I’m sure you probably are already familiar with KI-Jo Mary, but it was new to me. I really enjoyed the dispersed sites they have.

KI-Jo Mary haven’t heard of it…

Broken Yoke

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Portland, ME, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Jackson
Hello,

I did my second one nighter trip in the past month or so up to the maine north woods this past weekend. this time I was riding on 245/70/17 toyo open countrys vs the 275/40/20 suv rated tires I drove
up on the first time. so much better and way less stetchy...the golden road eats tires and breaks stuff.

I use to spend my outdoors time in the NH whites but there are too many people on the hiking trails post covid so deeper into the maine north woods I go. I am hoping to find other remote maine spots
to winter camp in. I started winter hot tent camping last season and I am hooked. one trip last season I did two nights solo in a tent at sebago with -7 the second morning, wicked fun!

20220904_092630.jpg

20220904_094111.jpg

20220904_171000.jpg

20220904_172336.jpg

20220904_122639.jpg

20220904_132122.jpg