First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Good question!
We had a relative pick up our mail every month and email us anything critical. Worked out pretty good.

Desert Trails

Rank IV
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
France
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7MQP
The first time I did the Pan-America I had friends collect the mail and ship it to one of the larger towns I was going to be passing through. The second time I did the Pan-America all my bills were paperless so I suspended mail service for the 22 months I was gone.

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Not sure if you have neighbors nearby, but we have asked neighbors to collect our mail during long trips. I've also had younger adult relatives and friends to house sit for me. It gives me peace of mind that my house doesn't look abandoned for weeks on end. They usually live in apartments and bachelor pads and consider crashing at my pad a vacation. I will also send a gift or give them money after I get back just as a thank you. If you have neighbors, or friends/relatives that you trust, it's a move that will give you some comfort knowing that your home is being looked after.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I have neighbors that are watering a few plants and keep an eye on the house and leave a key to the gate and house so if there is an emergency. The post office will hold the mail for 30 days and they told me to just keep mailing the card that one fills out when the next 30 days approaches. Didn't want the neighbor to have to deal with it. We'll' see how that works. Lots of last minute prep even though I set a date months ago.