Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benton County, Iowa, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Mell
Member #

I need a little help. Somewhere I can across a magnetic mic holder that is in the shape of a ball. Not sure where I saw it - YouTube, forum, who knows. Anybody familiar with it and where I can find it?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I need a little help. Somewhere I can across a magnetic mic holder that is in the shape of a ball. Not sure where I saw it - YouTube, forum, who knows. Anybody familiar with it and where I can find it?
Just learned about the Scosche mag mount today from a colleague at work; he loves his (his and wife's cars). Assume it would be pretty easy to re-purpose for a mic.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I use Scosche mag mounts for my phone and tablet and they are great. I liked my old Ram mount too but it was a two handed operation, not so with the mag mount.
As far as using it for a mic I don't know, they do make smaller plates to put on things but not sure how well it would work on a non-flat mic body.

@Jeep15631 like this? Universal Steelie Magnetic Ball Mobile Phone Holder Car Dash Mount Kit 3 Pack | eBay
Colleague loves his Scosche mag mount. I'm waiting on Ram Mount to release their iPad Pro 11 holder - instead of getting a touch screen stereo for the Jeep I decided to get a new iPad and use that for nav and tunes (and sitting on couch or laying in bed or at campsite). I looked but did not find any Scosche mag mount that worked with the Ram system.

Jeep15631

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benton County, Iowa, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Mell
Member #

I use Scosche mag mounts for my phone and tablet and they are great. I liked my old Ram mount too but it was a two handed operation, not so with the mag mount.
As far as using it for a mic I don't know, they do make smaller plates to put on things but not sure how well it would work on a non-flat mic body.

@Jeep15631 like this? Universal Steelie Magnetic Ball Mobile Phone Holder Car Dash Mount Kit 3 Pack | eBay
Might be it. Issue now is my ham mic is plastic.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Colleague loves his Scosche mag mount. I'm waiting on Ram Mount to release their iPad Pro 11 holder - instead of getting a touch screen stereo for the Jeep I decided to get a new iPad and use that for nav and tunes (and sitting on couch or laying in bed or at campsite). I looked but did not find any Scosche mag mount that worked with the Ram system.
You could use this base plate and put the Scosche mag mount on it.
Ram mount: RAM® Ball Adapter with AMPS Plate (2" x 1.7")

Mag Mount: Magnetic Flush Mount | MagicMount™ Surface2 (2" X x 1.6")
Scosche.PNG