First Name
Mark
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMW384 (GMRS)
very nice. I just bought an M416 and a t3-C

Can you share what you used to mount the RTT (I have iKamper mini with annex). I need to get the tent at least 16-inches above the top of trailer (due to annex headroom)

also interested in slide out tray

thanks

Mark

Reactions: Telldanny

Telldanny

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
G
Member #

very nice. I just bought an M416 and a t3-C

Can you share what you used to mount the RTT (I have iKamper mini with annex). I need to get the tent at least 16-inches above the top of trailer (due to annex headroom)

also interested in slide out tray

thanks

Mark
Hey mark . we custom built the rack to allow for the custom waterproof cover. We designed the rack to effectively not interfere with the cover so it does not lose any of its waterproofing in order to keep the inside dry. We opted for the cover over a solid cover to allow us to be more versatile as to what we can load in the back. As far as for the bed slide. We purchased the slides on amazon it’s a 56 inch 500lbs capacity locking slides. As far as the awning we are also mounting a strut assisted mount. It will keep everything low to keep lower center of gravity on the rocks. But when we deploy camp it will rise the waning to a reasonable hight to keep us shaded. Our main goal with this build is to keep everything as functionally low as possible.

Attachments

markCHI

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMW384 (GMRS)
Hey mark . we custom built the rack to allow for the custom waterproof cover. We designed the rack to effectively not interfere with the cover so it does not lose any of its waterproofing in order to keep the inside dry. We opted for the cover over a solid cover to allow us to be more versatile as to what we can load in the back. As far as for the bed slide. We purchased the slides on amazon it’s a 56 inch 500lbs capacity locking slides. As far as the awning we are also mounting a strut assisted mount. It will keep everything low to keep lower center of gravity on the rocks. But when we deploy camp it will rise the waning to a reasonable hight to keep us shaded. Our main goal with this build is to keep everything as functionally low as possible.
Thanks a lot for all the details!@

Zarddog

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Kent Island, MD, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
James
Member #

Very nice I've been toying with the idea an M416 for a little while. What is your set up for the hitch? I see the sample you have has the pintle eye removed and the tongue modified for obvious reasons. Are you planning to go to a ball hitch. My concern has always been hitch / tongue alignment. I know they were originally designed to be towed by a vehicle with a hitch height of about 3 feet off the ground. Maybe I'm just overthinking it but I worked for a contractor that had non modified versions on a job sight years ago and if you tried to tow them with a low hitch they were nearly uncontrollable. I enjoy fab work and thought they would be a great base for a project. Very nice work by the way it looks great!

markCHI

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMW384 (GMRS)
Very nice I've been toying with the idea an M416 for a little while. What is your set up for the hitch? I see the sample you have has the pintle eye removed and the tongue modified for obvious reasons. Are you planning to go to a ball hitch. My concern has always been hitch / tongue alignment. I know they were originally designed to be towed by a vehicle with a hitch height of about 3 feet off the ground. Maybe I'm just overthinking it but I worked for a contractor that had non modified versions on a job sight years ago and if you tried to tow them with a low hitch they were nearly uncontrollable. I enjoy fab work and thought they would be a great base for a project. Very nice work by the way it looks great!
I have a pintle on mine. Drove it back from WI to Chicago (about 80 miles) without an issue. I

Telldanny

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
G
Member #

I have a pintle on mine. Drove it back from WI to Chicago (about 80 miles) without an issue. I
I’ve been running the original articulating pintle set up wi the new reese pintle hitch. It fits super nice and tight so it keeps the noise of the pintle to a min.

Zarddog

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Kent Island, MD, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
James
Member #

I’ve been running the original articulating pintle set up wi the new reese pintle hitch. It fits super nice and tight so it keeps the noise of the pintle to a min.
That is good to know, thanks for the info. That was another concern of mine as far as using a pintle hitch.

Obscure Medic

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Havelock, NC, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Askew
Member #

Keep the pintle hitch. It allows for more articulation when on the trail and is much more secure. A ball hitch is prown to popping off when articulated. I have a M1105 with a RTT.

Attachments

Telldanny

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
G
Member #

Keep the pintle hitch. It allows for more articulation when on the trail and is much more secure. A ball hitch is prown to popping off when articulated. I have a M1105 with a RTT.
Good looking set up I really enjoy these builds . I really like the wheels you are running are those standard on the m1105? . we also just finished ✔ our lighting as of tonight here are some pics.

Attachments

Obscure Medic

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Havelock, NC, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Askew
Member #

Good looking set up I really enjoy these builds . I really like the wheels you are running are those standard on the m1105? . we also just finished ✔ our lighting as of tonight here are some pics.
Yes. Stock wheels. 37" run flats. Probably gonna have to shrink them down...haha. sits really high for my F-150. Just leveled that and I'm running 305/70s. Havent hooked up since to see how it sits.

Attachments