Lake, MI, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Burley
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
wow, you would think one of the main OB people would chime in. with the lack off activity in the Indiana-Illinois area for OB not sure why I joined.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
I just joined so I just saw this. I'm retired and always wanted to go to the main Pro Bass shop in Springfield. Just put it on my calendar might have to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Reactions: p8ntbill2

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

I went to the one they had February 2020; first one and it was well worth it; even the drive out from North Carolina. Plenty of seminars to sit in on and lots of great vendors. Haven't seen much advertised for next year but if they are working with SMOOR again that was a great place to camp. I was not able to take advantage of the trails at SMOOR but it was still a great venue. I missed out on the stop into the Bass Pro Shop. May have to hit it up again next year.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Went to M.O.O.R.E. website looks like SMOOR is going to be my camp spot. Dry and Generator camping $15 a night. Not to rub in that I'm retired but defiantly gives opportunity for more time at any location or longer trips.

Reactions: Relic6.3

racerm305

Rank 0

Contributor I

Missouri
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Keller
I added it to my calendar. Does anyone know if their will be any rallies in MO? I'm interested in learning about overlandin with the family. Right now have stock gx-470

Reactions: spicco

jeeper_4_life

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kansas
First Name
Rob
Last Name
E
Member #

My family and I went last year. We live about 5-6 hrs away. We hotel'd it in Springfield. Being that it is in February the weather could be about any condition. We go to SMORR at least twice a year to go 4wheeling. It is really a nice park and campground. I had never been to an expo or show before so it was our first time. It was fun seeing the different gear etc. Several vendors had sales. I would go back in 2021 if can make it work and the weather cooperates. From what I had read they ran backroads and trails from SMORR to the show and vice versa during the day. Artemis Overland put it on. They are a new store local in Springfield that sells a lot of different gear.

Reactions: Relic6.3

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

I plan to attend. Their is a event in Ozarks (Ravenous at the Ozarks Oct 16th I think) and the Missouri Fall Extravaganza November 6th - 8th ( I will be at this one). So you have a few options. As for our OB moderator, they do have lives and family to attend to in these uncertain times. While I would like to see the Mid West moderator be more active, we are a community and can be as active as we like in setting up rallies / meet and greets.

For what its worth I am new to the forum and learning how to navigate and find the resources I need to find places to play. Not sure how long I can use that excess. lol I am not into social media but have found some good people on FB groups to help find additional areas to play her in MO.

Reactions: Offroadnutz