LSX K5 build

• HTML tutorial

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

Alright so here's my rig. A 1990 K5 blazer with an LS swap and one ton axles. Immediate future plans are a custom coilover long travel setup in the front. Next up is to modify my roof rack and rear bumper to hold my rooftop tent and whatever else I want. Also planning on how I want to build out the cargo area of the interior. Thinking some type of drawer system?

Goal with the truck is to build it to serve 2 purposes

1- to blast through the desert with my friends
2- to take my wife and I anywhere we want to go.

I like being prepared and I am a neat freak when it comes to organizing and securing gear.

Anyways I'll be documenting my build as I go along. I really plan on tearing into it in the beginning of March.

When you have a "fab shop" build you a bumper

Alright so I'll stop for now haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gandrimp

Rank III

Advocate II

Fab shop severely misunderstood what your intended usage of a rear bumper system required. Hope that didn't happen going down the hiway.

So, why the older model front clip?

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

Fab shop severely misunderstood what your intended usage of a rear bumper system required. Hope that didn't happen going down the hiway.

So, why the older model front clip?
Yes, yes they did. Worst part is after it broke once I tool it back to them to fix it. And then it broke again. So I fixed it myself. Now I don't have any issues!

I've always liked the older front clips. I've wanted a 73-75 k5 for a long time so I decided to convert.

Beautiful rig bud, I'm a huge K5 fan! Very nice!!

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app
Thanks man! It's only going to get nicer! Hopefully... if I can avoid rocks

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

Bought some parts while I'm home this week. 5.38 gears for the front and rear, a bunch of fabrication parts to build my bumpers as well as some parts for my 4 link. Unfortunately I'll have to wait till March to install :(

Reactions: 85Blazer-Keat

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

As my parts stack grows I put together a quick highlight video of last year. I can't wait to get home a tear into this thing!

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

Since I've been gone my dad and friends have been working on the 71 K30. I'm building this one as more of a daily driver vs the k5 which is going more towards a wheeler. As of now the front frame had been ground and POR'd and the new crossmember installed. New wheels and tires installed as well

That's the all aluminum LC9 with the TSP stage 3 cam. Made 444hp and 406tq!

The adapters and bellhousing for the nv4500 and hydraulic clutch.

Only pieces left is a fuel cell and VSS adapter and vintage air. Parts have been ordered and should be there soon!

Quick dyno video of the motor.

And what the truck looks like before the engine and tranny swap and new wheels and tires

Reactions: Vyscera and Blaine

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

You've got good taste, my friend. 5.38s are pretty steep, where is that going to put your hwy RPM? Does it have a 3 spd auto?

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

You've got good taste, my friend. 5.38s are pretty steep, where is that going to put your hwy RPM? Does it have a 3 spd auto?
Thanks! Yeah 5.38's are steep but I'll be going up to a 39" tire and I have a 4 spd auto. Cruising rpms now are about 21-2200 and with 5.38s and 39's it'll go up to about 2300

Reactions: Vyscera

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

Man those are some rides you have! LSx K5 with 03+ seats nice!!
Thanks man! Yeah the seats are sweet for the long road trips. Was able to hook up the power and the seat heaters too! Only downside is while offroad they don't hold me in very well. I'm moving to an offroad bucket seats eventually