Rank III

Advocate I

Pocatello, ID
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Post photos of your rig!!

'05 LR3 HSE HD w/118k miles. Swapped to 18" wheels.

Just bought it in December and loving it already. Had to fix up a few things as it had been sitting for a couple years but we're rolling now. Would love to see what people on here have done with theirs!

20210321_041722000_iOS.jpg

Near-future projects:

-Removable kitchen/stove unit in the back (Coleman stove arrives next week w/20lb propane conversion hose)
-Black out wheels
-Make my own rock sliders to mount to factory mount points
-Design/create my own 80/20 roof rack, patterned after the Frontrunner Slimline II
-I have 2 rear camp floods and a 50" front light bar to mount one I've got the rack installed
-I have a CB radio to mount and an antenna will arrive next week. Need to install

Reactions: finlayforprez

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
IMG_5780.jpg
Purchased for my wife as the kids hauler with secret ambitions to turn it into our family overlander while I get to build up my f150. 82,000 and loving it. Was planning on doing a 2.5" coil swap, but the air bags are so damn comfortable im rethinking that now...

Reactions: finlayforprez

nateh

Rank III

Advocate I

Pocatello, ID
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Purchased for my wife as the kids hauler with secret ambitions to turn it into our family overlander while I get to build up my f150. 82,000 and loving it. Was planning on doing a 2.5" coil swap, but the air bags are so damn comfortable im rethinking that now...
People hate on the air suspension (and I get it from a reliability/overlanding perspective) but it's really really comfortable and functional. Handles those washboarded roads amazingly well. You notice it's a soft ride on the pavement but it's amazing when you leave the paved road and realize the dirt road feels just as nice.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Think I have my wife on board for building ours (hers) out like this. Can't wait to try it out off road and compare it to my truck.
That's great! Please let me know if you have any questions. I was one of the first folks in the LR4 world to build it up and have tons of experience or contacts to help out. Good luck!