Lowes Carry On 5x8 Budget Build

• HTML tutorial

True North Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milan,TN
Member #

I haven’t seen many people posting anything about these little trailers so I thought I’d chime in. I picked one of these up in a trade deal and have been using it to haul dirt bikes for about 2 years now. Cleared the trailer in the deal so I started at $0. Over time it’s seen a few upgrades. Axle flip to give it some lift, bigger wheels and tires, 3000 lb axle since I blew the bearings out on the other via bonehead move of not greasing them, rattle can truck bed lining, added eye bolts for tie down points, and a tongue jack. Suspension leaves something to be desired, and it could use a little more structural support, but all in all it’s been getting the job done. It doesn’t do much real off-roading. That’s what the bikes it carries are for. But it’s served as a great platform for my needs so far with camping, etc. I’m planning to add a rack to it to help beef up the frame some, and add a matching basket to carry cargo boxes. I thought about trying the Malone utility rack on it, but I don’t think it will be sturdy enough to hold a RTT if I ever go that route. I’m just going to build one for it. Anyways I’ll post a couple of pics of it. Let me know what you think!