Louisiana Overland 2017 T4R TRD ORP Build and Adventures

• HTML tutorial

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

I added the new full length roof rack from Southern Style Offroad. It is all aluminum and has a pretty slick look to it. These photos were taken on a recent trip to North Georgia where I completed about 1/3 of the Georgia Traverse with forum member Eric Neal. I had a great time, and hope to return soon to complete the entire traverse. The Trey Mountain section really built confidence in my 4runner for me. It is turning out to be an extremely capable machine.

Last edited:

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Its been awhile since I updated this and I have made quite a few changes....

I bought new wheels for my 285/70/17 KO2s. The factory wheel was 17x7.5”. The new ones are SCS Ray10 in their new 17x9” 3.5” backspace -38 offset. Much wider track now, but it was a project to accomodate them in the wheelwells. I did a good bit of trimming on the inner fender and outer bumper/fender. This probably added about 10” additional approach clearance at the wheels. I was nervous putting a saw to the rig but got into it after that first cut. I also had to get the body mount just behind the front wheel chopped. Southern Style Offroad did the cutting and welding on that for me.

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

The factory stereo wasnt cutting it. I wasnt happy with it from the start. I did sound deadening matt and foam on all four doors, added an audisson bit ten processor, 700 watt jl audio amplifier, and replaced the speakers in all 8 locations with focal speakers. This is my most pleasurable mod. Wherever my travels take me I can at least enjoy good music!

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Other additions...
-RAM mount for ipad/gaia
-Odyssey group 34 AGM battery
-HKB voltage boosting diode for higher charging voltage
-Dometic CFX50 fridge and slide
-3/4” rhino lined plywood flooring in cargo area
-viiair compressor
-lithium jump pack
-Recovery gear
-smittybuilt beaver tail-rear recovery point and step for access to tent zippers.
-Overland Bound badges.

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Ill be doing a HAM radio install soon. In the meantime, I did a project to improve handling and droop. I added urethane bushings on front and rear sway bars, adjustable rear sway bar links, and a panhard correction bracket. Now that the sway bar and panhard are back to correct geometry she drives straight as an arrow and handles even better than stock.

Reactions: JGlad82 and JCWages