Lost Coast - Usal rd - 2nd time

• HTML tutorial

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

Took my lady this time cause she wanted to be at the beach ! enjoyed the drive, beach was very deserted ( gotta go in the week, NOT the weekend , Like I've said before ... Saw the old bronco ( Needs work , ha ), enjoyed the beach during the day, great camping spot just in the trees at the beach, had a great steak dinner and watched a wonderful sunset ! Love this place !

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

Where is this located looks like a cool place
It's about an hour north of Ft. Bragg in Northern California, off Hwy 1 as it starts to go back into the trees about 5 miles, their is Usal Rd ( Mendocino County Rd 431 ) , turn left onto the rd at mile marker 90.33, follow through the woods about 5.5 miles to Sinkyone state park / Usal Beach. Google - "Lost Coast" !

Reactions: Toyotadirtdevil

Adventure Ready

Rank II

Advocate II

I happened to be there when whatever moron torched the Bronco did it around 2:30am. It's too bad, there's not much chance of getting that thing out of there now and being that it's well above the waterline it'll likely just sit there with glass shrapnel all around for a very long time. That truck wasn't there last time I was at Usal earlier this year.

Love that place though. Here's a pic from our recent trip there.

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

the bronco was there when I first went in April and obviously their the 2nd time above ... I don't agree with torching the ford on the beach , but it WAS a ford ... ;) so in away I don't blame him , just wished he would have picked a better spot , not that awesome peaceful beach ( only during the week ) ... yeah someones gonna have to drag it out with a dozer , etc. , so maybe when they grade it next time , they'll come grab it ! ? Maybe a hint given to Mendocino Forest service that it's there , maybe the right thing todo ...

You have quite the nice set up looks like ... I camped inside my cruiser , with my gal , on my houses futon mattress .. worked great ( pulled 2nd/ 3rd row seats out ... )