BrookeOnFoot

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
Brooke
Last Name
White
Hi everyone. I am currently stuck in Thailand due to COVID, and our visas will expire at the end of Sept 2020 and I will have to go to a different country. I was thinking of heading to East Africa (Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, etc.). For fun and safety reasons (solo female traveler), I would love to meet up with some overlanders. At some point in my life i would like to cruise around in an overlanding jeep (when im done backpacking), so it would be really fun to get a taste of that lifestyle before investing a bunch of money. I thought this would be a good opportunity to meet cool people while traveling to a new place and staying safe during this crazy year. I also grew up riding dirtbikes, so i would actually love to meet up with bikers too, but obviously i dont have any gear with me.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know will be in East Africa at the end of Sept through Oct/Nov/Dec.

Thank you! Looking forward to having an adventure!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Brooke, welcome to Overland Bound, Christoff @Get Out GO is our African Director and has many contacts that might be able to help you. The best way to contact him is by direct forum message.

Reactions: BrookeOnFoot

BrookeOnFoot

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
Brooke
Last Name
White
Hi Brooke, Welcome to OB!

There are some forum members in those countries (you can have a look on the map) and maybe post in the East Africa section as well.

Feel free to give me a shout if you need help with anything OB Africa related!
Thank you for the information! i checked out the map and it looks like there are zero people on the whole continent of Africa at the moment haha. I also checked the East Africa section and the most recent post was from 2018... guess Africa isnt getting a lot of love at the moment haha. maybe in a few months when people start traveling again (hopefully). Darn!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you for the information! i checked out the map and it looks like there are zero people on the whole continent of Africa at the moment haha. I also checked the East Africa section and the most recent post was from 2018... guess Africa isnt getting a lot of love at the moment haha. maybe in a few months when people start traveling again (hopefully). Darn!
A lot of stuff (especially on contenants other than North America) foes on in private conversations and back door chanels. As @Kent R and @Get Out GO have both said, talk to Chris, he can get you in touch with locals.
By the way, welcome from the US Northwest.

BrookeOnFoot

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
Brooke
Last Name
White
A lot of stuff (especially on contenants other than North America) foes on in private conversations and back door chanels. As @Kent R and @Get Out GO have both said, talk to Chris, he can get you in touch with locals.
By the way, welcome from the US Northwest.
good to know! I had to make a decision about the visa yesterday so i will be in thailand for another three months. Hopefully during that time, more borders open up and people can start traveling again. I would absolutely love to meet up with some overlanders over there, so hopefully a few extra months will give some people time to get over there :) miss the PNW! cheers!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
good to know! I had to make a decision about the visa yesterday so i will be in thailand for another three months. Hopefully during that time, more borders open up and people can start traveling again. I would absolutely love to meet up with some overlanders over there, so hopefully a few extra months will give some people time to get over there :) miss the PNW! cheers!
Booke, Christoff will be making contact by DM

Reactions: BrookeOnFoot