Looking for your thoughts on some of the new - POP/UP CAMPER SHELLS

• HTML tutorial

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

As we get older, ok "I" Kathy is still young, we need to change from a regular fiberglass shell "topper". To one of the new shells Toppers" that have the top up top so you can stand up inside.

Four Wheel campers has one

Adventure Trailers in Prescott has one

I have seen couple others but can not remember the names right now.

We are looking for one that has a full length roof pop up where the bed is in the front and over the cab.

What are your thoughts on these and the different brands out there?

ANYONE already have one of these? What brand did you get?

Something like this one. The roof on these are too light weight for what we want.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I had a Snap Treehouse and loved it....
The only reason I switched to a poptop van was a chance to do a SEMA build.
The Treehouse is aluminum, they are great to work with and setup/takedown is fast.

Reactions: Daryl 32

TundraBeast2014

Rank II

Contributor III

Sacramento, Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ring
Member #

Just pulled the trigger on a Four Wheel Hawk camper. My wife and I did a great deal of research and ultimately decided the Four Wheel camper was the best option for us. It has a quality build and lots of options. It doesn’t hurt that they are build just outside of Sacramento, so we were able to visit the factory several times and see their quality work for ourselves. The downsides: The backlog on orders (currently @ 8 months), The premium price tag, used FWC’s are hard to find and still can be pricey. We were able to get a build date in late October, so stay tuned for more details...