Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Howdy All,
I have been assisting in Mexico since 2013 with desert races (ICU RN) and it is a blast. All the fun of fast vehicles and cheap tacos without in the worry of broken rigs and dreams.
For the 2023 Sonora Rally I am the Chief Safety Officer and we are looking to bring on more volunteers on the rescue/sweep side of things.
This race is part of the World Rally Raid Championship (like Dakar) and will have folks from around the world. The FIA/FIM/ASO rules require more medical coverage than your typical SCORE Baja 1000 but since the State of Sonora (South of Arizona) is a sponsor we are getting great assistance with AirEvac and ICU level Ambos.
However I wanted to reach out to any folks who have always wanted to be in the action with desert racing. We will have 4wd SxS, Trucks & SUV's all setup for vehicle recovery and people rescue. Or bring your rig and be part of the fun.
Training Dates are Feb 18/19 in San Luis (town South of Yuma) and the race is April 22-29 but we can flex the race dates if you can only make part of the week.
Ask any questions, it is a ton of fun to help at these races with less scope of practice/legal worries than we face in the USA.
Enjoy
Lance
Here is a video of the 2022 event but figure we will be twice the size with more SxS, Cars/Trucks and maybe the big Dakar trucks!!!