Rank III

Enthusiast III

KS, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harrod
Member #

Funny, just caught your reply about the Chevy Love. Those where my go to back in the 80's-90's. I nearly pulled the trigger on a a clean yellow first gen 4x4 that a guy had for sale locally about 6 months ago.
The Rocky on the other hand. Well, picked up a 92 about a year ago. Just as I was getting around to start building it up a bit the timing belt slipped & I've yet to dig into her.
I've gotta admit that the Raptor was high on the list for me. But now I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas with the new Bronco around the corner!
LMAO, just saw you had Datsun listed... 240Z's are my weakness! Proud owner of a truly rust free 72 & another that's clean aside from mid way into replacing the front frame rails.
Yeah, I went from a lifted 2 door JK Wrangler to the Raptor. It Was a pretty rough ride that the wife didn’t care for. The raptor came along and I saw it as a way to keep 35’s and not get beat up. It’s also a great truck for when the wife and I take out the travel trailer or go to fancy sit down restaurant. I have had the Toyota for a couple of months now and she still has not been in it. I think she knows it wasn’t built for comfort.

Selectivelynoncompliant

Rank III

Enthusiast III

KS, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harrod
Member #

I have located a topper for i. It looks fiberglass in the photos, I sent the seller a message to confirm size and to set up a time to see it. Muck cheaper than a softtopper for now

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Selectivelynoncompliant

Rank III

Enthusiast III

KS, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harrod
Member #

I have been wrestling with which direction I wanted to go with the lil Toyota build. Well today when watching how to video’s I found a guy who built a bed platform out of a bolt together IKEA type bed. He was putting a queen bed in a full size truck. I thought to myself “I have a couple of bed rails from an old trundle bed that have been hanging in my garage for many years“. Light and easy to remove. Once checking for fitment and with a nearly perfect fit it all became clear. I will start making brackets this week and get the truck bed lined, ( Raptor or LineX), enclose it with a Softtopper and build from thereB2B729E1-49A5-4BEA-983B-238EC2AD133B.jpeg