Looking for somewhere new to explore this weekend!

• HTML tutorial

PilotPete

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Puyallup, WA USA
Member #

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any cool places to check out that they want to share? We usually camp and offroad up in the Salmon la Sac area and are thinking about mixing it up this weekend. Only real criteria is something near water and the fewer people the better!

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

Reactions: MrLomjamesington

RustyTKO

Rank 0

Traveler I

If you get there early enough you might get a sweet spot along the river, but either side of the road has fire roads that are worth exploring. Most the rigs and people up there are day hikers too so it doesn't get to bad in the evening for people.

Reactions: MrLomjamesington

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Hey Rexaford700,

Nice rig you have there. It looked like you were at street pressure in those shots..... consider airing down your tires to 18-20PSI to avoid traction issues. This will give you a lot more traction and will also save the trails from being torn up.

Also, please read up on practicing 'Tread Lightly' techniques wherever you go. Driving through a meadow and over plants should be avoided.

http://www.treadlightly.org/quick-tips-for-responsible-four-wheeling/

PilotPete

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Puyallup, WA USA
Member #

Hey guys, thanks for the input. We ended up trying out Surprise Lake near Carbonado. It was incredible! Trail was a lot of fun with a couple tough spots. Had to winch through an obstacle (smaller rigs shouldn't need to) and drive through the lake but it was worth it! Rexaford, Naches is on the list for sure!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Rexaford700

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Everett
Member #

Hey Rexaford700,

Nice rig you have there. It looked like you were at street pressure in those shots..... consider airing down your tires to 18-20PSI to avoid traction issues. This will give you a lot more traction and will also save the trails from being torn up.

Also, please read up on practicing 'Tread Lightly' techniques wherever you go. Driving through a meadow and over plants should be avoided.

http://www.treadlightly.org/quick-tips-for-responsible-four-wheeling/
Yes you are correct I shouldn't have drove through the Meadows I was doing a monkey see monkey do won't happen again. As far as airing down I was at 24psi in all tires didn't feel that trail required anything lower than that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: RainGoat