Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Issaquah, WA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Wakefield
Member #

I'm steadily working on getting my fiancé out of her $1k shoes and off the beaten path so we're going "camping" in Naches. Coming from the Seattle area I have a couple of highway paths, BUT theres an option to go through Stampede Pass. I've never actually been through there myself but google and Gaia both think its possible. I wanted to shoot the route out to the group to see if anyone with more insight can verify that its actually a good option and I won't end up broken down in the woods and putting her off of overlanding for ever. For the record; i drive a JKUR and we're looking to do the trip Friday June 18. Here is the link: Topo Maps, Trail Maps, and Satellite Imagery

Any help that anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated! My goal here is to show her a wonderfully remote place then go "camping" at a campground to accelerate the departure from hotels and airbnbs that we always have when we travel.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

There is a write up on it from 2019. If you go into the Overland Bound Routes Downloadable section and search for it there is a couple more. I've never been up there myself so I couldn't tell you of current conditions or what its like, I just remembered seeing that write up. You'll want to check around for snow levels as some places in the cascades are still blocked as low as 4200'.

Reactions: syncro and edub

edub

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Issaquah, WA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Wakefield
Member #

There is a write up on it from 2019. If you go into the Overland Bound Routes Downloadable section and search for it there is a couple more. I've never been up there myself so I couldn't tell you of current conditions or what its like, I just remembered seeing that write up. You'll want to check around for snow levels as some places in the cascades are still blocked as low as 4200'.
This is exactly what I was looking for @MrWilsonWJ! Thank you so much.

Uberbob102000

Rank I

Contributor III

Washington State
First Name
Uber
Last Name
Bob
If anyone is wondering, I did a route over there last weekend (though I went a little east, via Tacoma Pass) and it was fantastic. Some real cool spots up there.