Rank II

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
david
Last Name
bridson
Member #

greetings one and all. I'm planning to take my son out to ocotillo wells camping on xmas day and hoping to rent a side by side on the 26th to do a little exploring. We have wheeled our truck around anza borrego a bit but I've never been out to ocotillo. Looking for any camp recommendations and recommendations for a good spot to rent a side by side. any advice is greatly appreciated.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Off HWY 86, there's a big fuel station/mini mart, that's S22. That's one side of it. If you turn there, about a mile or so, you see the turn ins for camping (1/4 ish mile apart). They will be obvious and have a sign. That side has the obstacle course. If you pass the gas station you can go until HWY 78, there's the other side.

I have never rented anything but, Last time out, I spotted a sign advertising one off 78 and a building on the lake side with a big sign near S22, on the lake side of the road (im a bit foggy on the exact location).

Most of the roads have signs and you can get a nice map of the area. I regularly stay off S22. I go in the 2nd or 3rd turn in, go back a ways and camp. There are bathrooms there also. I have never camped on the other side but drive through there all the time.

Reactions: raindog

raindog

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
david
Last Name
bridson
Member #

Off HWY 86, there's a big fuel station/mini mart, that's S22. That's one side of it. If you turn there, about a mile or so, you see the turn ins for camping (1/4 ish mile apart). They will be obvious and have a sign. That side has the obstacle course. If you pass the gas station you can go until HWY 78, there's the other side.

I have never rented anything but, Last time out, I spotted a sign advertising one off 78 and a building on the lake side with a big sign near S22, on the lake side of the road (im a bit foggy on the exact location).

Most of the roads have signs and you can get a nice map of the area. I regularly stay off S22. I go in the 2nd or 3rd turn in, go back a ways and camp. There are bathrooms there also. I have never camped on the other side but drive through there all the time.
Thank you for this! Super helpful.