Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Land rover aftermarket is quite small. However, most of the companies will do custom work.

Tactical 4x4 is the only US solution for full steel bumper and tire swing out, but, to be honest, I cannot see a reason for a ladder attached to the swing out. They may do it if you request it though.

OEM Bumper-mounted swing outs as just as good, but (I have one installed) I could not see a good way to mount it to the swing out---all are passenger side biased.

All LR4 ladders (prospeed, frontrunner, Gobi, terrafirma) mount to the clamshell upper door. When open, the ladder is up, out of the way anyway.

HighWahlScaler

Rank I

Member I

Ottawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Wahl
Member #

Thanks for that,
I have looked into those bumpers, they look amazing!!!
The problem I have is I'm up in canada. With the shipping cost, duties and the exchange rate. Getting anything over the boarder is crazy. Add $2000 to anything of quality getting shipped over.
I'm so jealous on how easy it is to get parts for your overlanders in the states!!!

I did think of moving the ladder to the passenger rear side. I'm guessing you would mount it above the wheel well.

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
So, I still have my LR4, but we traded in my wife's for a 4runner. Looking at rear bumpers and tire carriers, one company does do a bumper-mounted ladder. It is on the driver-side and also is located on the side of the vehicle instead of the rear (see attachments)

Looking at it, the bumper extends more into the wheel well, allow the mount. However, you may be able to ask a local fab company to weld something up.

How are shipping and duties from Europe and Australia for you? Ordering direct from prospeed may be an option. Also, I have the Rijidij bumper mounted tire carrier. It was about 1200 US shipped to my door.

Attachments