Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Greetings! I'm looking for an alpine lake within 3 hours of Fort Collins and no more than 2 mile hike one way with easyish access for the dog to swim. We love getting out away from all the crazy people, going for a little hike and playing fetch with the ball in the water. If there is an off road trail to the hike trailhead, even better! Anyone found anything like this or am I hunting a unicorn? There were a couple we found in Idaho but it took several trial and error.

Some place that we can kill giant sticks....
or swim
IMG_1394.jpg
IMG_1411.jpgIMG_1428.jpg

Attachments

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Greetings! I'm looking for an alpine lake within 3 hours of Fort Collins and no more than 2 mile hike one way with easyish access for the dog to swim. We love getting out away from all the crazy people, going for a little hike and playing fetch with the ball in the water. If there is an off road trail to the hike trailhead, even better! Anyone found anything like this or am I hunting a unicorn? There were a couple we found in Idaho but it took several trial and error.

Some place that we can kill giant sticks....
or swim
View attachment 201044
View attachment 201046View attachment 201047
Where is the one pictured here? Just dipped into northeastern Colorado a couple weeks ago. Maybe if I'm out that way again (or further west again) I can get there. Looks nice

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

True. But next time I'm in Montana...
I found it!!! I still had it in Gaia. It was either Deep Lake or Josephine Lake, we visited both that day and I don't remember which is which, I have a feeling it was Deep Lake though.

This is Josephine Lake, very close to Deep Lake

I think what I did was, in Gaia, I just opened up the map and looked for bodies of water and then a way to get to them. I stumbled across both of these and just gave it a shot. I was fired from my job in June so I had nothing better to do from June 4 - September 16 when I started my new job in CO. Best summer ever!! I almost made as much not working as I did working with all that bonus unemployment. Granted I still had to pay taxes on that money when I filed my taxes this year, oh well.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I found it!!! I still had it in Gaia. It was either Deep Lake or Josephine Lake, we visited both that day and I don't remember which is which, I have a feeling it was Deep Lake though.

This is Josephine Lake, very close to Deep Lake

I think what I did was, in Gaia, I just opened up the map and looked for bodies of water and then a way to get to them. I stumbled across both of these and just gave it a shot. I was fired from my job in June so I had nothing better to do from June 4 - September 16 when I started my new job in CO. Best summer ever!! I almost made as much not working as I did working with all that bonus unemployment. Granted I still had to pay taxes on that money when I filed my taxes this year, oh well.
Wow! Thanks for the lake names! I'll store them away and next time I'm out that way I'll see if I can get there! Sorry to hear you lost you job but good to hear you got another one

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
I took my rig up to bunce on friday and determined the brakes need replacing so we are going to hang around town.