Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Cendee, what is your opinion about the Jackery 240? Does it work all night with the electric blanket? How many time does it need to 100% charge on dc? I'm considering a Jakery on my setup… If it is not a trouble for you, I would like to know your considerations.
Love my Jackery 240. Its perfect for a 12v heated blanket and will stay on all night. It does drain the battery down to about 40% so I just throw it in my Jeep during the day and charge it. I also have the 60 watt solar panel for it.

Reactions: Gustavo Amaral

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Wear long johns, socks, a buff, and stocking hat inside the sleeping bag. Make sure your sleeping bag exceeds the lows to be expected. Be well insulated under your sleeping bag with a foam mat as air mattresses tent to sleep colder. I have used cardboard and a reflective tarp under my mat before. Helps a bit. Also, a bivy sack will also hold in more heat. If you need more, hand warmers in the foot of the bag help too.

Krej

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Texas
Depending on your tent, the best option fitting your criteria would be a packable wood stove. Find a place to sew in a stove jack (or someone to do it for you) and get a stove. I have one of the smallest stoves made and it will get my 3 man tent blazing hot in no time.
They only output heat while you are tending the fire, no residual heat is stored so it works great for before bed and early mornings.

Reactions: Gustavo Amaral