Looking for a tool roll/bag.

• HTML tutorial

Wjkirk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salisbury, Md
Member #

I'm looking for suggestions on a decent tool roll. I've found too small and too expensive but no happy medium. What do you guys use?

mmp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

We just use a couple roll-ups that came with combination wrench sets. These, along with a bunch of other tools, we stuff into an old mortar can. The pros; everything is in a more convenient hard side case and there's no rattling around. The cons; everything is in a hard sided case. :)
Here's a short video we made showing our tool kit, if you're interested.

Wjkirk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salisbury, Md
Member #

We just use a couple roll-ups that came with combination wrench sets. These, along with a bunch of other tools, we stuff into an old mortar can. The pros; everything is in a more convenient hard side case and there's no rattling around. The cons; everything is in a hard sided case. :)
That's a great video. Thanks, also i subscribed.

TJTigger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Louisville KY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Freese
Member #

I have a tool roll from Adventure Tool Company. it works well. A buddy of mine has the Big tool roll and their wrench roll. The wrench roll houses the smaller wrenches and nests nicely inside the Shop roll. ATC now offers a tool roll filled with tools too. The other one I looked at was the Atlas 46. I liked the multiple bags for tools and wrench pockets.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
I bought an ATC shop roll and I love it but I'm a bit jealous of my friend's Blue Ridge tool bag. It has like 6 or 8 windowed pouches that Velcro to the inside.
I'm a sucker for the rugged waxed canvas look though.

Reactions: Nickzero

Corey B

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southeast Wisconsin
Member #

Some Army surplus carry old military tool bags. Most are empty, but they’re heavy duty and will fit full size tools. I have one I use for long motorcycle trips.

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN
I'm looking for suggestions on a decent tool roll. I've found too small and too expensive but no happy medium. What do you guys use?
I like organizers like this on a 5-gal bucket. Makes things pretty easy. Available at Home Depot and such stores.

brown-bucket-boss-tool-bags-10030-64_1000.jpg

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm on a tight budget so I got the bucket boss tool roll. It's fantastic. And very tough. I'm really happy with it.

Derek50

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Member #

Great video! It gave me a couple more ideas for my tool kit!

Reactions: Wanderlost