Ryan
Last Name
Gills
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4TXN
Service Branch
Army Veteran
Most everyone I wheel with uses ViAir. Best bang for your buck. Inexpensive and a reliable little workhorse. The higher models just get it filled quicker. No real need for that. I've seen the 88 air up 3 trucks in a row without breaking a sweat.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Most everyone I wheel with uses ViAir. Best bang for your buck. Inexpensive and a reliable little workhorse. The higher models just get it filled quicker. No real need for that. I've seen the 88 air up 3 trucks in a row without breaking a sweat.
@Tex.Proud, I know that comes straight from the horses mouth and I agree.. Yeahaaaaaaa LOL

Reactions: Abreu93

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have had a Viair 400C hard mounted under the hood of my Jeep + 2.5 gallon tank under the tub, for over 12 years. It still chugs away like it did the day I installed it. I've used it between 1,000' and 9,000' in elevation to successfully air up 33 or 35" tires. I've never had a problem with the compressor, but I have replaced the Viair pressure switch and relay on the tank a few times.

I've also had one of the MV-50 Superflow compressor varieties for 16 years. I bought it on a whim in Colorado Springs at a parts store and have been toting it around in various rigs ever since. The alligator clips that hook to the battery and the solder joints on the switch of the compressor have had to be repaired over the years, but it still fires up and airs up my tires. I've used it between 1,000' and 9,000' in elevation to successfully air up 33" tires. It is slower and a lot louder than the Viair 400C, but it gets the job done.

I have never had one of these compressors shut off due to heat and I have not been kind to them. I am impressed they have survived this long.

Now I am searching for a compressor to hard mount under the hood of my 100 Series to free up more cargo room from the interior and can't make up my mind!

Last edited:

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
that is really awesome, thats exactly what i need. it doesnt need to be fancy and expensive. it just needs to work. kind like my Jeep. its old and ugly. but it gets the job done and more

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
I have had a Viair 400C hard mounted under the hood of my Jeep + 2.5 gallon tank under the tub, for over 12 years. It still chugs away like it did the day I installed it. I've used it between 1,000' and 9,000' in elevation to successfully air up 33 or 35" tires. I've never had a problem with the compressor, but I have replaced the Viair pressure switch and relay on the tank a few times.

I've also had one of the MV-50 Superflow compressor varieties for 16 years. I bought it on a whim in Colorado Springs at a parts store and have been toting it around in various rigs ever since. The alligator clips that hook to the battery and the solder joints on the switch of the compressor have had to be repaired over the years, but it still fires up and airs up my tires. I've used it between 1,000' and 9,000' in elevation to successfully air up 33" tires. It is slower and a lot louder than the Viair 400C, but it gets the job done.

I have never had one of these compressors shut off due to heat and I have not been kind to them. I am impressed they have survived this long.

Now I am searching for a compressor to hard mount under the hood of my 100 Series to free up more cargo room from the interior and can't make up my mind!
i am really liking the reputation these viair compressors have, i had one of those Slime autozone air compressors. filled 1 tire, turned it off to get around the jeep to fill the other tire and it was dead after that... i was pissed.. and it was like 50 bucks. if i would have known i wouldve put the extra 15 and gotten the viair you guys been telling me about

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
I would go with the master flow / superflow mv 50. They are cheaper than a comparable viair, and much faster.
I have had mine for 8 years, fills a 35" tire from 12-30 psi in less than 2 minutes.
I didnt expect mine to last more than one season, but it works just like it did when I bought it.
Best bang for the buck compressor out there, I think they can be found for around $50-60 if you look around.
IIRC a viair with the same cfm, and duty cycle as this compressor is around $160.

Reactions: Abreu93

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
I would go with the master flow / superflow mv 50. They are cheaper than a comparable viair, and much faster.
I have had mine for 8 years, fills a 35" tire from 12-30 psi in less than 2 minutes.
I didnt expect mine to last more than one season, but it works just like it did when I bought it.
Best bang for the buck compressor out there, I think they can be found for around $50-60 if you look around.
i am gonna youtube it now, thank you

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
that is pretty darn fast though lol

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

i am really liking the reputation these viair compressors have, i had one of those Slime autozone air compressors. filled 1 tire, turned it off to get around the jeep to fill the other tire and it was dead after that... i was pissed.. and it was like 50 bucks. if i would have known i wouldve put the extra 15 and gotten the viair you guys been telling me about
I run the 400C and it's supposed to be a 33% duty cycle, but it loads the tires so damn fast that I've never had to turn it off to let it cool...

Reactions: WAYAWAY