Looking for a RAM mount that fits the 2nd Gen inReach SE device.

• HTML tutorial

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

At one point RAM made a mount for the 2nd Gen inReach SE (not the SE+) but they appear to have discontinued them. So I'm looking for a leftover some place or more likely, an alternative that would still work. I don't mind modifying the mount some if needed. Anyone have any ideas?

HKLover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

At one point RAM made a mount for the 2nd Gen inReach SE (not the SE+) but they appear to have discontinued them. So I'm looking for a leftover some place or more likely, an alternative that would still work. I don't mind modifying the mount some if needed. Anyone have any ideas?

If it has a belt clip something like this mount might work.

Apparently the link isn't going to post correctly. What I used is the
RAM Mounts (RAM-HOL-BC1) Naholder for Electronics with Belt Clips

It is what I used to mount my Kenwood TH-D74a to my ram bar. It was a little large so the ham radio bounced around a bit. I solved that with some self adhesive felt strips for furniture I found at Home Depot or Lowes

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Thanks @HKLover . It does have a belt clip, so that might work out for me. Your radio looks much bigger than my inReach, so I'll probably have to modify it a little as well.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

For anyone wanting to do something similar for an inReach SE, here are the parts that you would need to make it work:

RAM Mounts Naholder
RAM Mounts Diamond Base with 1" Ball
RAM Mount Double Socket Arm for 1" Ball (you can get shorter or longer if you like)
RAM Mount Zinc Coated U-Bould Mounting base with 1" Ball (this is the attachment for mounting everything to a bar/tube)

At today's prices, that comes to a little over $46.

I'll report back on anything I have to do to the Naholder to make the inReach secure enough for off road use.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Have you looked a ProClipusa.com

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Have you looked a ProClipusa.com
I had not, but I'll keep them in mind for next time.

Can you post a picture of the back of it. Garmin do various mounts too.
Here is what the back looks like:

That's the one! I can't find that mount anywhere any longer. I did order this setup and it seems to work okay, but I'd still rather have the actual mount for this inReach.

The belt clip mount I linked to above and what is show in that last photo is too long. There is about 2-3 inches sticking out the bottom that you can't see in that photo. Also, the clip does not go all the way down onto the mount.

Lilkuff

Rank 0

Contributor I

I bought that RAM mount about 5-6 months ago on Amazon. Just keep looking, they pop up now and again.

Reactions: Etoimos

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I use a RAM X-grip holder with my InReach. It’s very secure and I have no issues with the charging cable staying plugged in on the side.

There are lots of different configuration options available.

RAM Mounts RAM-B-149Z-UN7U-R Handlebar Rail Mount with U-Bolt Base and Universal X-Grip Cell Phone Holder, Zinc Coated

For some reason the mobile app still doesn’t like web links so you will just have to search Amazon. This is an annoying glitch in the OB app.

Wherever you go, there you are. Sent from my phone.

Reactions: Cort and dstock