Looking for a fab shop(welder0 in the Sacramento area, does anyone have one in mind?

• HTML tutorial

Influencer II

I am planning to order a pair of Trail gear sliders for my 4th gen 4runner. Due to the fact that they need to be welded on, and I don't have a welder, does anyone know of a fab shop(welder), who can weld these sliders on once I order them, and get them, in the Sacramento area?

Thanks alot!

cowens88

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm usually not the only to bash on another shop but I have scene and heard of some shotty welding that califab has done on a Best in the Desert truck that didn't pass tech after he fabricated and welded the roll cage. Some of the welds were down right scary. If you don't believe me then check out his thread on Pirate4x4.com

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Influencer II

I'm usually not the only to bash on another shop but I have scene and heard of some shotty welding that califab has done on a Best in the Desert truck that didn't pass tech after he fabricated and welded the roll cage. Some of the welds were down right scary. If you don't believe me then check out his thread on Pirate4x4.com

I didn't believe you at first, but googled around.... Those welds are quite scary. And it doesn't help that this happened just recently.. I couldn't find much on their history, or how it's doing now..

Do you know if they hired a new welder(if the shop owner himself doesn't weld)?

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

If you don't know the whole story behind something you shouldn't post any info. There is a lot more to the story than what is out there.
I know plenty of people that have had great luck at califab including myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Influencer II

If you don't know the whole story behind something you shouldn't post any info. There is a lot more to the story than what is out there.

Care to share the story (here or pm) as a possible customer?

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

“Luck” isn’t something I would look for in a shop experience...

And, yes, please post the rest and of the story.