Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
If you want to go out in the woods take a Land Rover!!!.... but if you want to make it back out take a landcruiser. Check out the 200s they will out last and out wheel a Land Rover. But at the end of the day hey what ever you can afford to fix lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
The actual aussy wind up was WANT TO GO OUT BACK GET A LANDY , WANT TO GET BACK GET A LAND CRUISER ,

Reactions: VCeXpedition

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
You only have to stop in a motoway service station in the uk in an old landy and you will be asked every time how old is SHE MATE etc no other make of 4x4 attracts the attention of the old models
LANDROVER MAKING MECHANICS OF OWNERS SINCE 1948
Love them or hate them they are iconic

Montanarally

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Flathead Valley, Montana, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Browning
Member #

not if you maintain and run a good service programe like any truck neglect it and it will stop ,
Maybe up in the U.K. Where you guys are lucky enough to get the defenders and Diesel versions. But here we got the junk box petrol model discos that you would be lucky to make it past 120k with out a head gasket . And even running a good service program they will still leave you hanging. It's a codependent relationship you're so happy when it's working that you overlook the many times it's not lol

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Maybe up in the U.K. Where you guys are lucky enough to get the defenders and Diesel versions. But here we got the junk box petrol model discos that you would be lucky to make it past 120k with out a head gasket . And even running a good service program they will still leave you hanging. It's a codependent relationship you're so happy when it's working that you overlook the many times it's not lol

Ive only ever drove one petrol series 11. If you can get your head round that the first dicos were thrown together using parts from other british leyland cars before the 4x4 market was even viable you can understand it but it does not defend it , landrover has a checkered history of mismanagent , that still to this day amazes me . how can such a viable product have become so popular yet have a reliabilty status of a Skoda pre vw ,
Again the owners are playing with fire the new models are more popular than ever yet the build qaulity has dropped . With cars being returned to dealers For stupid reasons , In the right hands the defender could have been rejigged , but lets not kid are selves the modern 4x4 and ute are not built to last by design , Even the landcrusier aint what it used to be with the 80 series still being the holy grail , every time i pass a landy i stare why i dont know its like a drug once bittern its for life lol

Montanarally

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Flathead Valley, Montana, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Browning
Member #

I hear ya I still have a disco 2 lol it's my back up back up and Its not worth anything so I'd rather keep it then give it away lol my daily is 2014 200 series and big guy is a fj80 triple locked on 40s .I love cruisers because I know I'm getting home at the end of the day .All my (cruiser over 15)have gone over 300k with out major problems . I had a lr3 and Range Rover 08. Both where piles and seemed to have something tripping or breaking or failing all before they hit 50k.atleast with the disco 2 its pretty easy to work on lol ethers way it's fun lol

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I owend 4 disco 2 commercials and they never missed a beat except when i spun one on black ice and went backwards down a moutain. Even then they just unbolted the panels and replaced them , the new ones Are going to be trouble as the body has to be removed to work on them