Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

I have a 4.5” lift on my 2000 XJ. It is currently running a stock driveshaft. It was recommended that I put on a longer drive shaft versus a slip yoke eliminator. Looking for suggestions.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Your driveshaft slip yoke should run in the middle third of the splines. If its not, that needs to be fixed.

If you add in a slip yoke eliminator, your going to need the drive shaft modified.
Done properly, the transferase tail shaft and output shaft are changed. Then the driveshaft end is changed and a slip yoke added.

If it was my vehicle, it would get the SYE mod. if you cant afford it, the driveshaft needs to be proper.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Go with the slip yoke eliminator. It gives you a better driveshaft angle and eliminates the issue of a broken driveshaft causing the slip yoke to come out and drain all the juices out of your transfer case :disrelieved:

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Recommendations on a good SYE? When I get one will they be able to tell me how long a driveshaft I need?

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Recommendations on a good SYE? When I get one will they be able to tell me how long a driveshaft I need?
Maybe Tom Woods, you’ll have to take some measurements after installation before you get a custom driveshaft fabricated

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I have a Terraflex SYE and Adams DS On the adams DS website it tells you where to measure so when ordering you will have the correct info needed