Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Back in 1979 I purchased my first set of BFG all terrain tires. Since then I’ve been using nothing but BFGs. I was sold, hook, line & sinker. All my Ford pickup trucks had em, all my Jeeps, Landcruiser and my current daily driver. I never had a flat due to tire failure and always got at least 40-50 thousand miles out of a set. Until, 4 years ago, my trusted tire guy strongly urged me to give General tires a try, (285/75/16 E). 51,000 miles later, I’m going to replace them with another set of Generals this winter before our next trip. These tires lasted just as long as the BFGs, provided a much smoother ride, and are about 40 dollars less per tire. My initial concerns about these tires was The 80 scales out at 7,000 lbs and it took a bit of getting used to the tires rolling out a bit during high speed cornering on asphalt surfaces. Once I got used to that, I now embrace it as one can feel the tires doing their job, flexing as they should. On pavement I keep 42 psi. On the trail 20-22psi and they flex and bend right over top of any rocks, ledges, etc, we might encounter. Wet or snow covered roads? Generals hands down. I just thought I’d pass my thoughts along. That, and an old dog did learn a new trick !!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Always looking for a better tire at a better price, mind telling us what model General tire?