Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
FYI,
Sorry for the late notice but if your in the area the Sierra Foothills Overlanders is going to be working on the Long Canyon Trail today
Our plan is to do general clean up but also working on a section of the trail that washed out this winter. The object is to open up a blocked culvert and plane some large rocks in the wash out so vehicles can get through without doing additional damage.

DaveD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sacramento, California. USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6GMX
Used toilet paper tossed in a small clearing at one of the camp sites! Really? We buried the TP in place. We actually found two locations of this disposal method at the same camp site.20180804_104023.jpeg

DaveD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sacramento, California. USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6GMX
Met the owner of this Chevy Colorado. And handed a USFS Motor Vehicle Use Map. Also informed him about Overlandbound. Since he was new to vehicle dependent exploration. This was actually his maiden trip in his new set up.20180804_092115.jpeg20180804_092140.jpeg

Reactions: flyingnome

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Dave and your crew for the hard work! The biggest problem besides the toilet paper was target shooters, not cool to leave you targets up when your done and not clean up your mess.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
FYI,
Sorry for the late notice but if your in the area the Sierra Foothills Overlanders is going to be working on the Long Canyon Trail today
Our plan is to do general clean up but also working on a section of the trail that washed out this winter. The object is to open up a blocked culvert and plane some large rocks in the wash out so vehicles can get through without doing additional damage.
Sorry I missed this but I would be willing to help out on future clean ups!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
FYI,
Sorry I missed this but I would be willing to help out on future clean ups!
Our next tentative clean up is November 17th. Contact me to verify.
Thank you for your interest in the Long Canyon trail clean up.
Dave
Very cool, I'm open on November 17th and would be more than willing to come out! Let me know.