Lola the Landy

• HTML tutorial

Stewart (Stu) Pirie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Laurencekirk, UK
Member #

Landy cairn.jpg Landy Cruiser.jpg Landy rtt.jpg moggy.jpg nc 500.jpg Me rab mountain.jpg
Hi all,

Thought id make a bit of a thread about myself and my 1992 defender 90 200tdi.

I'm from North East Scotland, having worked in various areas of the UK including New Castle and currently in Shetland, I'm a Mechanical fitter by trade (says Engineer on the paperwork but I like a hammer too much to really be one!). Other than overlanding, my main hobbies include canoeing, Blacksmithing/ Bladesmithing, Logging and a general interest in anything mechanical (Built a few track cars)

She is a 1992 vehicle first registered in 97, I'm not sure of its past life, but due to it being red I think it was possibly part of an airport fire service.
She's on a galvanised chassis with fully poly bushings, standard suspension engine etc. I bought her as a single cab pickup but soon found this to be almost useless! luckily I bought a van back for it at the same time as buying the truck.
Ive sound deadened every bare piece of metal inside I could get my hands on and it has made one hell of a difference, coupled with a good stereo and some speakers and its now a comfortable tractor.
Theres a shire fabrications front bar carrying a warrior 9500lb winch, Waffle boards, cooper STT, snorkel, WIPAC spot light (hoping to change these and add a bar and a few spots on the back shortly), a raptor dash board with a midland CB radio. on the roof is a Ventura Roof tent which has been great other than the ladder not being long enough though they are sending a longer one out with no problems.

Ive recently ordered an ARB high output compressor, T-Max split charge kit, tyre patch kit, snatch block and a few other odds and ends that will be installed once I'm home from working offshore.

Ive attached a few photos bellow, including Lola and some of the other toys we have on the farm and my fathers Jap import 80 series he fully rebuilt.

I joined as a member the other night so looking forward to getting my number and hopefully learning a few things and meeting some great people.

Dirty Ape

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springboro, Ohio, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Great looking truck and welcome! I've enjoyed a few trips to Scotland (including one which was my wedding at the Church of the Holy Rude in Stirling) and I can't imagine a more beautiful place to go Rovering....Would really like to get back and do the North Coast 500...

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Those dang unimogs are cool as it gets! Theyll go anywhere tell you get em stuck then well you are stuck!!

Stewart (Stu) Pirie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Laurencekirk, UK
Member #

so productive day with Lola today.

Got the Tmax split charge installed and managed to squeeze two full size battery into the 90 battery box, was very simple even for a backwoods blacksmith like myself I must say.

also got the ARB compressor in place then got stuck at the switch end so will have to look at that over the weekend.

And the main thing! I got my OB badge stuck on!

I'm post photos as soon as I figure out how to on my phone.

Reactions: AreWeThereYet

Stewart (Stu) Pirie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Laurencekirk, UK
Member #

ARB Box.jpg ARB in box.jpg ARB in landy 2.jpg ARB in landy.jpg batt box.jpg Noco GB40.jpg OB badge on landy.jpg Tmax light up.jpg

So heres some of the photos, I also picked up a Noco GB40, and have used it to start up some vehicles and I'm very impressed so far.

The ARB comp was installed behind the passenger seat and is easily accessible and out the way of dirt and such (as much as can be in a rattly old landy).