jk_123

Rank I

Contributor III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Kuserk
Im out of upstate SC and was looking for some trails in the area to start going out more on. Ive looked around online and some that caught my eye are Musterground Rd, Hurricane Creek, and Charlies Creek,. I have a stock cherokee trailhawk so take that into consideration. Looking at hurricane creek some people talk about how its easy and some say its pretty tough. Ive looked at the Jeep BOH trails and it seems like dickey bell trail is possible but maybe after getting rock sliders first. Any advice or other trails in the area?

Reactions: dcajrsc

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Hey! Our Rigs and Coffee, Charlotte group was discussing some of those trails yesterday at our meetup. Would be glad to have you along. All sorts of rigs were there yesterday. I’ll tag you in the thread…

ImJordan

Rank II

Contributor III

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Sellers
Member #

Have you looked into the SCAR route? I recently did it from Wagner to Walhalla but it goes through Greenville area. Mostly just Forestry roads so nothing crazy

Reactions: Tubbydiver

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Have you looked into the SCAR route? I recently did it from Wagner to Walhalla but it goes through Greenville area. Mostly just Forestry roads so nothing crazy
I posted a trip report on part of SCAR Section 4 and Liberty Hill (SCAR Alt)

Reactions: ImJordan

cjsellers610

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Sellers
Member #

Hey! Our Rigs and Coffee, Charlotte group was discussing some of those trails yesterday at our meetup. Would be glad to have you along. All sorts of rigs were there yesterday. I’ll tag you in the thread…
I missed this meet up :( new member here and live in the MD area but, majority of the overlanding and camping my family wants to do is in NC and SC. We are trying to plan out a NC trip for the first week in Aug but, I’m striking out of finding any suggestions. We are tent campers that are attempting our first overlanding trip with a stock 15 4-Runner Trail Edition. Any suggestions or help please is welcomed and anyone who wants to tag along or show us the area that week would be even more exciting!

Reactions: Carnage_95YJ

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
dickey bell
If you are speaking of the trail in UWHARRIE (spelling?) the last time (3 years ago) you most likely don't what to try it, of course depending on how adverse you are to possible damage some people just don't care.

Hurricane Creek, I was there a few months ago, and depending on recent weather it is a nice trail and mostly easy just a few areas where you will want to take your time and maybe a spotter and maybe stack rocks. Hurricane Creek gets lots of rain and depending on the year sometimes even some maintenance to clean up some of the erosion issues, so the level of clearance/skill needed can vary.

Tubbydiver

Rank II

Contributor II

Mocksville, Davie County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Bob and Liz
Last Name
DeWitt
Service Branch
Army
I missed this meet up :( new member here and live in the MD area but, majority of the overlanding and camping my family wants to do is in NC and SC. We are trying to plan out a NC trip for the first week in Aug but, I’m striking out of finding any suggestions. We are tent campers that are attempting our first overlanding trip with a stock 15 4-Runner Trail Edition. Any suggestions or help please is welcomed and anyone who wants to tag along or show us the area that week would be even more exciting!
I know this was posted months ago, but we’re you able to find some locations? I’ve got some great forest roads you should do fine on.