Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Three Years ago I left California, my home for 47years. Moved to North west Wyoming. Wow what a change. In California I overlanded to get away from the crowds the people and to just get away into the mountains to see the beauty. Now most of you know that normally entails a drive hour to 2 hours to get out of the city and get into the desert with the mountains. Living here in Wyoming the largest city is Cody Wyoming with 10,000 people. I live in a town, not a city, of 5,000 people. One of the neatest things is knowing that I went from a county in California that had 5 or 600,000 people in it to a state that has 500,000 people that live in the entire state. It takes no more than 5 minutes to be on the trail out in the bighorns or the Badlands. When I first moved here I bought a book that showed all the trails in Wyoming well not all the trails cuz there's a lot of two tracks that just go off for miles. I sold my Jeep bought a pickup bought a travel trailer and a side-by-side when I moved here I tried to connect with my overland family here and there is none. However that never stopped me from getting out on the trail seeing the big horns fishing and small streams camping anywhere I wanted BLM land is 90% of Wyoming give or take a few percent. You can literally travel from one side of the state to the other side of the state east to west north to south with only crossing a paved road here and there. The topography of this beautiful country I live in was all once underwater the entire state sits about 4,000 to 10,000 ft elevation.I just wanted to touch base with my overland family this app is a great way to do so and to leave an account of our travels. To all my overland buddies and friends and family that I've met I want to thank everyone for the stuff I've learned from you guys and if you ever get a chance to get into Wyoming let me know.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

It is definitely one of the least populated states, have considered moving there. However, did you mean "largest city" near you, because Cheyenne, the capital, is the largest with 65,165.

I'm in a town that had a spike in its population growth; we're now at about 1,680.

Kevin_Morrison

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

It is definitely one of the least populated states, have considered moving there. However, did you mean "largest city" near you, because Cheyenne, the capital, is the largest with 65,165.

I'm in a town that had a spike in its population growth; we're now at about 1,680.
Well ment near me, I work in powell and live in Worland, as far as Cheyenne I I did know they are the largest city. Casper is at 50k,
Glad you had a boom where you at?

Reactions: Correus

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

As a Laramie native - I have lived in lots of western states, reside nextdoor in Idaho. We were just up in West Yellowstone, MT; Yellowstone itself, Grand Tetons, and fly-fished on the South-fork of the Snake. Welcome aboard Kevin... DG

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I got married in Wyoming one time. But, I don't hold that against Wyoming anymore.:kissingheart: The fishing was great! I hope to get back maybe next year.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

That sounds like a dream to live there.

I was born in California, and I dream of being able to leave. But I am stuck here because of my career. I would not earn nearly as much in Wyoming than I do here.

I am slowly getting into trading stocks, so when that is providing as I need, ill look to leave california. Which is a shame, it is a beautiful state.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

I was born in California, and I dream of being able to leave. But I am stuck here because of my career. I would not earn nearly as much in Wyoming than I do here.

I am slowly getting into trading stocks, so when that is providing as I need, ill look to leave california. Which is a shame, it is a beautiful state.
Have you done a cost of living comparison between the two?

California is ranked #2 out of all 50 States (#1 for the contiguous States) and Wyoming is ranked #40. My State is #43.

Reactions: Kevin_Morrison

Kevin_Morrison

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

California is ranked #2 out of all 50 States (#1 for the contiguous States) and Wyoming is ranked #40. My State is #43.
That is exactly that I was thinking, C O L,
It is true we make less here however with no state income tax, lower gas price, lower land tax, and a when lot more, I make more and have better opportunity's and the most important a very conservative state, free state, nobody bugs you here or expects you to pay for other people who refuse to work

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I have not specifically with Wyoming.
My career is making sushi, I have looked around and unfortunately I would not make great money elsewhere.

I doubt I could make great money doing sushi in Wyoming otherwise id make the jump.

I'd lie and tell people I'm from Japan or Korea, I know the rest of you hate Californians.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

It is true we make less here however with no state income tax, lower gas price, lower land tax, and a when lot more, I make more and have better opportunity's and the most important a very conservative state, free state, nobody bugs you here or expects you to pay for other people who refuse to work
A slice of heaven on earth!!

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

My career is making sushi, I have looked around and unfortunately I would not make great money elsewhere.

I doubt I could make great money doing sushi in Wyoming otherwise id make the jump.

I'd lie and tell people I'm from Japan or Korea, I know the rest of you hate Californians.
Have you checked? Sushi places in Kansas are some of the most expensive restaurants and they do a thriving business.

BTW - I learned to make sushi, and sashimi, from a little ol' Japanese lady who immigrated here.

Kevin_Morrison

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Have you checked? Sushi places in Kansas are some of the most expensive restaurants and they do a thriving business.

BTW - I learned to make sushi, and sashimi, from a little ol' Japanese lady who immigrated here.
Cody need a Susi joint man huge

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
This right here is the biggest jump forward when it comes to quality of life. No one likes it when the playground bully shakes them down and takes away their lunch money. It only gets worse when it gets institutionalized.

Congrats on finding the better life.

Wy_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fremont County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Goss
Member #

Three Years ago I left California, my home for 47years. Moved to North west Wyoming. Wow what a change. In California I overlanded to get away from the crowds the people and to just get away into the mountains to see the beauty. Now most of you know that normally entails a drive hour to 2 hours to get out of the city and get into the desert with the mountains. Living here in Wyoming the largest city is Cody Wyoming with 10,000 people. I live in a town, not a city, of 5,000 people. One of the neatest things is knowing that I went from a county in California that had 5 or 600,000 people in it to a state that has 500,000 people that live in the entire state. It takes no more than 5 minutes to be on the trail out in the bighorns or the Badlands. When I first moved here I bought a book that showed all the trails in Wyoming well not all the trails cuz there's a lot of two tracks that just go off for miles. I sold my Jeep bought a pickup bought a travel trailer and a side-by-side when I moved here I tried to connect with my overland family here and there is none. However that never stopped me from getting out on the trail seeing the big horns fishing and small streams camping anywhere I wanted BLM land is 90% of Wyoming give or take a few percent. You can literally travel from one side of the state to the other side of the state east to west north to south with only crossing a paved road here and there. The topography of this beautiful country I live in was all once underwater the entire state sits about 4,000 to 10,000 ft elevation.I just wanted to touch base with my overland family this app is a great way to do so and to leave an account of our travels. To all my overland buddies and friends and family that I've met I want to thank everyone for the stuff I've learned from you guys and if you ever get a chance to get into Wyoming let me know.
Agreed Wyoming is amazing. Welcome to it. Not born here but raised and I do not see myself leaving anytime soon. Feel free to join us on any of our outings and adventures. I post a little on here but we have a good facebook group if you are interested.

Wy_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fremont County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Goss
Member #

There is a good one in lander and a few in casper.