Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Hey all, while up in plumas I found a log sticking out using my doors. Front door is not as bad as the rear. Wondering if anyone has used a body repair tools such as those used by the paintless dent reapir guys to fix something like this.

The hard top has has a 2 inch in it as well, will have to repair that next.

Anyway looking to it have to buy doors. I have no issue running it the way it is but I'd like to try my hand at repair20170628_175823.jpg 20170628_175813.jpg

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Look at it as a badge of honor, leave the pristine bodies for the mall crawler crowd[emoji57]...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@stoney126
Front door is not as bad as the rear. Wondering if anyone has used a body repair tools such as those used by the paintless dent repair guys to fix something like this.
Looking at the Pics if you can reach the back side of the dents you should be able to get most of the dent out with the dent wizard type tools you mention. You'll have a hell of a time getting out the dents that cross that body crease under the windows though with time and some skill you should be able to get it out but it'll not be perfect.

Make sure you don't flex the glass when working the dent or you'll be buying new windows as well. I'm not sure what access you'd have if you popped the door open and removed the glass. If you can see the back of the dent you should be able to pound it out with a mallet and regular body working tools. Draping a sandbag over the outside of the dent will help you by keeping the tools from going too far.

WARNING: I'm NOT a body man just describing how the Dent Wizard guy took the creese out of my passenger door years ago.

Boort

Last edited:
Reactions: stoney126