• HTML tutorial

Montanaguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Missoula, Montana
Member #

Hey OB fam!

So, I sold my Hi-lift. There are.many thoughts on those and I felt it was not for me. I get all sides of the conversation, but I have a 2013 dblcb long bed Tacoma. 2.75" lift 285's, no sliders and no armor front and rear right now. I will in the future and at that time, will re-adjust accordingly.

Question is... What do I go with? A buddy of mine has an aluminum floor jack that he uses and I currently have my stock jack and carry 4 piece's of 2x6. Thoughts are, aluminum jack or maybe even ARB's air bladder.

I just want to make sure my family and I are taken care of in most situations. I do not do heavy crawling and usually stick to FS roads and some minor uphill boldering around 2.5-3 on difficultly. Little experience with anything other than that and I know I'll learn as I go. Maybe even learn some hard ways. Lol

Wanted to get some other thoughts from the community. Thank you!

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

I carry a high lift, but rarely ever use it. I have a bottle jack and board that I use 99% of the time. I keep a floor jack in my truck tool box and the high lift and bottle jack in my Jeeps.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB#4392

Reactions: Montanaguy

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Something you may be interested in are the exhaust jack (forgot who makes 'em) and the ARB inflatable jack

Edit: tried to post a link... failed [emoji19]

Last edited:

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
The unijack seems like a better deal than the safejack. Heck, for the same price you can buy some steel and a welder and make those safejack attachments yourself. Just my $0.02

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I use my Hilift jack around the property more than I use it for my truck but it's there just in case. So far I've only practiced with it, "Dag-gone Ferd just dunt get Stuck." :)

I'm not sure of a good alternative for offroad use. I always carried a bottle jack, a 4x4x1 and a 2x8x1 in the truck before I had the Hilift. Good luck with the search.

Montanaguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Missoula, Montana
Member #

I use my Hilift jack around the property more than I use it for my truck but it's there just in case. So far I've only practiced with it, "Dag-gone Ferd just dunt get Stuck." :)

I'm not sure of a good alternative for offroad use. I always carried a bottle jack, a 4x4x1 and a 2x8x1 in the truck before I had the Hilift. Good luck with the search.
Ha! I've heard that same thing from numerous folks. Used more for house/farm/ranch than truck. I appreciate that. Good to know I'm close.

Montanaguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Missoula, Montana
Member #

Something you may be interested in are the exhaust jack (forgot who makes 'em) and the ARB inflatable jack

Edit: tried to post a link... failed [emoji19]
Yes! Thank you! Definitely interested in the ARB inflatable. I wonder how it would hold up on hard surfaces like gravel or rocks that aren't sharp and such...

Montanaguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Missoula, Montana
Member #

Take a hard look at safe jack. I'm currently saving for a full kit with bottle jack from them. I know plenty of people that use them and love them. Makes changing a tire offroad at least somewhat bearable...

Www.safejack.com

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app
Scott, I finally got the chance to check that out! That is awesome! A bit spendy, but the versatility makes up for it. Especially since I even considered an aluminum floor jack which would be close to the same price. I think I'm going to sit on it for a bit, but most likely pull the trigger on the full kit.

I appreciate the lead![emoji109]

I would rather be on a road less traveled...

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

High lift jack for me. Too many uses to not have with me at all times. I've used it as intended plus as a winch a time or two. Even used it a time or two to keep a tire and broken axle in the axle housing until I could get to a safe enough place to do the repairs.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Scott, I finally got the chance to check that out! That is awesome! A bit spendy, but the versatility makes up for it. Especially since I even considered an aluminum floor jack which would be close to the same price. I think I'm going to sit on it for a bit, but most likely pull the trigger on the full kit.

I appreciate the lead![emoji109]

I would rather be on a road less traveled...

Glad the link helped you out. I too have been sitting on pulling the trigger for the full kit. Don't have cash right now, with my relocation to Reno happening, but once I get settled, I'll be sure to grab the full blown kit. Spendy, but worth it, IMHO. I have friends that have the kits, and I have seen them in action. Totally worth it.