louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
thats a very good looking rig...and apparently very capable offroad :sunglasses:
love the pics, also. checked out your youtube channel...subscribed

WanderingBuckeye

Rank II

Contributor III

Northeast Ohio, OH, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Harn
Member #

Very cool! Love the Pilot and ask the Gen2 Ridgeline.

I have a 2012 Ridgeline and recently fell down the overland rabbit hole. I spent lots of time considering a switch to the 4Runner but after seeing what they’re going for as compared to what I spent on my low mileage Ridgeline I decided to stick with what I have. I can do a lot of modifications and still be in cheaper than a stock 4Runner. From my research it seems the Ridge is much more capable than it seems and I’m excited to put that theory to the test!

Contributor III

Birmingham, AL, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Etheredge
Looking for a roof rack to start making our Pilot a little more capable for overlanding - can anybody point me in a good direction? Something similar to the white Pilot here would be great.

lowrider

Rank III

Contributor III

Athol, Idaho, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Dickey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRML
Service Branch
USAF
I have a 2010 CRV and it is better in up to foot of snow better than most small trucks because of the drive system. AWish there was a simple way to raise them up 6". Pilot's very cool!!

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We have been watching on youtube for awhile now. I love watching "non-off road" rigs hammering trails like they are born to do it. Our patriot is in the same camp, it will go where you point it no problem as long as you have clearance. Now, with the ROUGH COUNTRY CRAP suspension on it, it's better on the smoothest blacktop you can find, but that's being removed and returned. We will have the 1.5" daystar lift with new kyb struts all around.

But the pilot has always caught my eye as a cool looking rig, as well as that first gen CRV in the pic. That's cool! Is it the auto with the golfball shifter? ha ha.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

If you are still around, what lift parts did you use to get that pilot off the ground?
My lift came together slowly over time as my budget allowed. If I were starting from scratch I would recommend 245-75-16 tires first, then recovery gear and skid plates. If you are satisfied with the pilots performance after that I would purchase the HRG 3” ultimate lift and possibly rear air springs.

My current lift is a HRG Subframe Drop with Flatout Suspension lift struts (not highly recommended) in the front and a custom 3 1/4 spacer in the rear with Moog 81649 springs.
I also have Firestone Airsprinngs as well as tuff country 62201 extended shocks in the rear.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

My lift came together slowly over time as my budget allowed. If I were starting from scratch I would recommend 245-75-16 tires first, then recovery gear and skid plates. If you are satisfied with the pilots performance after that I would purchase the HRG 3” ultimate lift and possibly rear air springs.

My current lift is a HRG Subframe Drop with Flatout Suspension lift struts (not highly recommended) in the front and a custom 3 1/4 spacer in the rear with Moog 81649 springs.
I also have Firestone Airsprinngs as well as tuff country 62201 extended shocks in the rear.

old bodyman

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oregon, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Geil

Sorry , I know this is an old post (I'm new here) But I was wondering why do you not recommend the Subframe Drop ?
Is that a different kit than the HRG 3" ultimate lift ? Also - how badly does a lift affect cv joint wear ? And do you have recommendations on skid plate (s) ?

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sorry , I know this is an old post (I'm new here) But I was wondering why do you not recommend the Subframe Drop ?
Is that a different kit than the HRG 3" ultimate lift ? Also - how badly does a lift affect cv joint wear ? And do you have recommendations on skid plate (s) ?
I highly recommend a subframe drop! Not Flatout Struts lol