Rank III

Enthusiast I

Albany, CA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Hi Folks; I am doing some research on Ford Transit vans. Wanna convert a late model cargo to go camping, traveling in; Adventure Van style. Question - does anyone have business contacts in the SF Bay Area that can install lift kits and other over landing gear on a high roof transit? Not a place typically known for off the grid vehicles. thanks - Jack

igobyjoe

Rank I

Enthusiast I

East Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Rommel
Last Name
Cuevas
oh wow - was this thread really started in 7/2019? i have the same question myself...

long story short: i have a 2003 nissan frontier, and a few years ago bought a 3" rancho lift kit from 4x4parts.com. had them installed by a local garage here in berkeley, ca. that particular rig is showing its years, and it's time to let it go. as for the install, i feel like they did a really decent job. they do, after all, participate in some race where their entry rig was a lifted jaguar coupe or something. if they can mod that kind of car with a lift, then lifting a pickup would be a cake-walk for them!

we just bought a completely stock 2015 tacoma as our new family car, and my wife is allowing me to lift it sometime down the line. she said she'd rather it get installed by a garage that knows a thing or two about overlanding (we're both fans of the xoverland.com team and their show). so yeah - kind of the same question as you. is there a garage around here that specializes in this kind of thing, or is it fine to just have the work done by a well-reviewed garage?

hopefully someone else chimes in soon!

Seventhstream

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Albany, CA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

I havent found one nearby. There is 4 Wheel Parts in Oakland. I have visited the store, but have not used their shop services. Holding out for something, somebody closer! Good luck!