Contributor I

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Emter
Member #

Good afternoon!

I have my heart set on an AEV 2.5" Dual Sport lift that I would like to purchase in the next week or two. Does anyone here have experience with this lift, whether it be good or bad?

NewTxJL

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Southlake, TX, USA
First Name
Karan
Last Name
Narang
Member #

Good afternoon!

I have my heart set on an AEV 2.5" Dual Sport lift that I would like to purchase in the next week or two. Does anyone here have experience with this lift, whether it be good or bad?
I considered this but was told that their geometry correction brackets aren’t great. Going with metal cloak game changer lift instead

Reactions: Jeep backroads

attacktheculdesac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pineywoods of Texas
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Hardy
Member #

No significant extra weight has been added to the vehicle, it is for ground clearance and better articulation of the 35" tires I am planning on running.
To answer the original question, the AEV 2.5” lift is a very good product. Upon its original release for the JK I was sold on it. Another option is build your own OldManEmu setup .

If yours is not a Rubicon trim make sure to add protection (rocker guards and belly skids).

406Rubicon_JL

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Emter
Member #

To answer the original question, the AEV 2.5” lift is a very good product. Upon its original release for the JK I was sold on it. Another option is build your own OldManEmu setup .

If yours is not a Rubicon trim make sure to add protection (rocker guards and belly skids).
Alrighty, I will check that company out, I have never heard of them before. Thank you!

PaulH

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Norwich, CT
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Heely
Member #

I was talking with the local Jeep group I went out with this past weekend and several of the members suggested I look at Clayton Offroad when it came time to consider lifts for my JLUR. They are local to me, which is nice, and seem to be well regarded if not that well known.

406Rubicon_JL

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Emter
Member #

I was talking with the local Jeep group I went out with this past weekend and several of the members suggested I look at Clayton Offroad when it came time to consider lifts for my JLUR. They are local to me, which is nice, and seem to be well regarded if not that well known.
Awesome, thank you Paul, I will check them out!

Jeep backroads

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shingletown, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
King
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7tdk
I would say metal cloak there kits are the only ones that have past testing . The have great customer service and warranty .best it the business. And they give back to the overlanding community

406Rubicon_JL

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Emter
Member #

T
I would say metal cloak there kits are the only ones that have past testing . The have great customer service and warranty .best it the business. And they give back to the overlanding community
Those guys were second on my list of kits to go with. I was looking at their Rocksport lift kit.

Reactions: Jeep backroads

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

I have a 2020 JLURD on order and with all the reading and research and reviews I will hands down be putting a 2.5" MC Game Changer on mine. Plus a military discount and hopes that in the upcoming weeks maybe some additional discounts.