Lift help

• HTML tutorial

Jonathan Harte

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Currently i have ome leafs in the rear that put my truck at 2.75” in the rear and rancho 2.5” struts in the front. The truck is on a noticeable rake and id like it more level. Any ideas on how much more in the front I’d need to do so?IMG_2496.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Have you considered how your truck will sit when fully loaded for a trip? When we lifted the jeep they kept pushing it would level the jeep. My responce was so you level the stance get rid of the rake then when i load it up or pull my trailer then im riding nose high. So ultimately its your decision to make but think about when your fully loaded.

Also remember to realign your headlights if you level the stance. Nothings worse than being blinded at night.

Last edited:

Jonathan Harte

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Have you considered how your truck will sit when fully loaded for a trip? When we lifted the jeep they kept pushing it would level the jeep. My responce was so you level the stance get rid of the rake then when i load it up or pull my trailer then im riding nose high. So ultimately its your decision to make but think about when your fully loaded.

Also remember to realign your headlights if you level the stance. Nothings worse than being blinded at night.
I had a 1400 pound trailer on it to move around my buddies yard and it barely squatted. I got the recreational leaf springs so it wouldnt have that.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I would get a good load in the bed then measure how much you would need in the front to stay level.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Most of the springs out of Australia are designed to yield a spec-ed lift with "XX" pounds in the truck.

Also a lot of the trucks in Australia look like our mini trucks "Tacoma's" but are rated at one tons. My experience with OME suspensions is that they are all made for loaded trucks and not empty ones.

Also you have a regular cab short bed correct? The lightest of all the Tacoma's.

As Rubicajon said I would totally load it up for camping and then see how much you need to raise the front. Having the front higher then the rear when driving just sucks to me.

Jonathan Harte

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Most of the springs out of Australia are designed to yield a spec-ed lift with "XX" pounds in the truck.

Also a lot of the trucks in Australia look like our mini trucks "Tacoma's" but are rated at one tons. My experience with OME suspensions is that they are all made for loaded trucks and not empty ones.

Also you have a regular cab short bed correct? The lightest of all the Tacoma's.

As Rubicajon said I would totally load it up for camping and then see how much you need to raise the front. Having the front higher then the rear when driving just sucks to me.
I had a 900 pound 460 big block in the back to help a buddy and it still wasn’t level.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

6 leafs and 2 helpers. But I’d like to keep them. Im more looking at what i need in the front. Ranchos 2.5” in the front and the ome 2.75” in the rear

I was just thinking that if your truck can have 900lbs put in the back and not move much. It is very stiff and may not be the best setup over off road and articulation of the suspension, which will cause more frame twist then desirable.