Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Thanks for the reference, I went and checked them out today and they seem to know what they do “differentials”. I mention that you sent me there and they were pleased to get the reference, I will be dropping off my truck next Monday.

Thx again!
-M
Awesome! They do great work!

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

[QUOTE="

Also just got this in from Amazon:

And since there's not many trees in southeast NM:

The goal of this gear is to reduce the risk of getting stuck when we start towing an expedition trailer on solo runs.

Another item on the wishlist is that I really want to take my sliders off and have them rhino lined to stop the rock chips from making rust spots. We will see if I get time for that...
Where/How do you store the PullPal when travelling? We too frequently break Rule #1 and travel solo so items like this are a necessity. I believe the rear swing-out bumper I'm looking at has a mounting option for this and a Hi-lift but if not...where does it go?[/QUOTE]

We mounted it on the side of the Gobi rack with a kit from FourTreks http://fourtreks.com/modular_pull_pal_mounts.html It works great!

Reactions: Plisken

CROwarrior21m

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, Arizona
Member #

Hey, out-freaking-standing rig. I enjoy the buildup, it's pretty slick looking. I have been also following your adventure on YT.

One thing if I can ask, I think it was a Death Valley video, but it looked like you nav/comm was in the attached to the center dash area in which the passenger can turn and navigate. That is something I have been trying to work on and your setup looks like what I have been imagining. Any photos or component lists you can share? Feel like whoever is in the passenger sit can be involved, whether it's me or the wife. Thank you for you time and cannot wait for the next episodes of your series.

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

nav/comm was in the attached to the center dash area in which the passenger can turn and navigate. That is something I have been trying to work on and your setup looks like what I have been imagining. Any photos or component lists you can share? Feel like whoever is in the passenger sit can be involved...
I think it is the best 5th Gen Comms set up I’ve seen. As you noted, it swivels for driver or passenger. This spring they added another support bar to decrease the vibration. As they are in & out of coverage, here is a side photo of his setup from ExpoWest this year
IMG_1162.JPG

Reactions: Mike P

CROwarrior21m

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, Arizona
Member #

I think it is the best 5th Gen Comms set up I’ve seen. As you noted, it swivels for driver or passenger. This spring they added another support bar to decrease the vibration. As they are in & out of coverage, here is a side photo of his setup from ExpoWest this year
Hey thanks for the photo. I thought it was something attached under the radio, didn't think about attaching it way down on the center console. Something I didn't consider. Appreciate it!

Reactions: RainGoat

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Funny to see this old thread and far EVERYTHING has come and changed! Thanks for the great videos and helping to inspire my PullKitchen build years ago!

Reactions: Ob1 and SLO Rob